{twelve}

Louis sat alone in the kitchen, looking down into a glass of herbal tea. He'd just finished scrubbing the bathroom and his fingers were aching down to the bone.

Louis never noticed how quiet it was when the apartment was empty. It was rather lonely, actually. Louis was used to the feeling of being alone though. He hadn't had a proper date since his junior year of high school. And if he was being completely honest, William Henderson was a bit too handsy for Louis's liking on a first date. Louis looked out of the kitchen window and sighed. If only the world didn't have to be so filled with germs and filth. Louis really wanted to be a social person, but his germaphobia got in the way of it every time. He was weary of every public doorknob, toilet handle, hand-shake, and skin-to-skin/surface interaction known to mankind. He was the obnoxious customer who came into a restaurant with his own set of plastic silverware and wet naps. He'd been that person since he was younger. He'd never really known what triggered it, but he did know that it slowly progressed into something more than it needed to be. It started with just liking to keep his room tidy, but transformed overtime into needing to have everything be tidy. Everything had a place, an order, a way of sitting in his mind, and when the pattern was put off course it made him spiral out of control.

Louis was deep in thought when he heard a soft knock at the front door.

"Coming." He called, setting his mug down on the table.

He opened the door to see Liam standing before him, towering over him just enough to be annoying.

"Hey Liam, Niall's on a date with Harry." Louis said, going to shut the door. Liam caught it with his hand.

"I'm not here for Ni." Liam's voice was deep and raspy.

Louis gulped, "Then for who?"

"You."

Liam lunged forward, wrapping his arms around Louis's waist and lifting him up. He attached his lips to Louis's hungrily, making Louis moan. Liam's lips were warm and wet and so real. He was so close, Louis could feel his heart beating against his chest. Liam's fingers tangled into Louis's hair, leaving Louis breathless.

"Liam." He sighed dreamily.

"Louis." There were fingers snapping in his face. He blushed, snapping out of his daydream to see an overly amused-looking Liam smiling smugly.

"Having wet dreams about me?" He smirked.

"You wish Liam." Louis huffed, letting him in and closing the door behind them.

"So, why are you here?" Louis asked, trying not to sound too upset.

"Wow, glad to see that my company is welcome." He chuckled, plopping down on the couch.

"You're a lot more proper around Niall." Louis observed, watching Liam kick his shoes off and prop them on the couch beside him. At least he had the decency to not put them on the coffee table like Harry always insisted on doing.

"Well, he needs a positive male role model in his life. If no one else is going to do it than it might as well be me right?" Liam smiled, tipping his head back to look at Louis.

"You never did tell me what you're doing here." Louis inquired. Liam sighed.

"I haven't heard from Niall in a few days. He won't answer any of my calls or texts, so I thought that he might be staying here and not really paying attention to his phone." He shrugged, running a hand through his hair.

"Well, he hasn't been staying here. This is the first day that he snuck out to be with Harry." Louis said, reiterating what Harry had told him.

"Snuck out?" Liam questioned. Niall hadn't ever done anything to disobey his mother like that.