{nine}

Later that night, the five were sitting in the living room in various positions, full from just eating three whole pizzas. But the mess and residue had already been cleaned up thanks to Louis who couldn't stand a mess anymore than he could stand other people.

"So what should we do now lads?" Louis asked. He was sitting on the couch beside Liam, while Zayn sat on the other side. It was almost like a competition to see who could get the closest to Liam without physically touching him.

Niall and Harry were sharing the loveseat off to the side, loveseat being only slightly ironic.

"Let's watch a movie!" Niall said, cuddling further into Harry's side. Harry smiled and wrapped his arm around Niall's shoulders, letting Niall curl into him.

"Alright then. What movie?" Zayn asked, scooting a small bit closer to Liam.

"Something scary." Louis suggested. Niall squeaked.

"It's okay baby, I'll be here to hold you." Harry whispered to Niall, making him blush.

"Scary movie it is. How about Insidious?" Zayn said, looking to Liam who hadn't spoken in awhile.

"Sounds good to me. Just hope you can handle it." Liam smirked.

"I bet you'll be the one to scream the loudest." Zayn teased back. Liam rolled his eyes playfully.

"I'll be scared! Liam, you should hold me." Louis hinted obnoxiously, acting innocent. Zayn glared at Louis from behind Liam's back.

"You're never scared when we watch movies Lou, what's the difference now?" Harry interjected.

"I'm just feeling a little jumpy today." Louis warned, shooting Harry a look.

Liam, being the nice guy he was, wrapped his arms around Louis, pulling him in and letting him rest his head on his shoulder.

Zayn looked on jealously, knowing that there wasn't anything he could do to stop Louis from being an asshole.

Harry got up and turned on the TV, grabbing the remote from the stand and taking his seat back with Niall. He clicked on Netflix, flipping it to Insidious and hitting play. He clicked off the only light illuminating the dark and leaned back into his seat.

Niall buried his face in Harry's shirt, already too scared to watch what was happening.

"Liam." Zayn whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Actually, never mind." Zayn sighed. He was going to ask if it was okay if he laid his head in Liam's lap, but he didn't want to come on too strong. Unlike Louis, who obviously wasn't afraid to claim Liam like his own personal lost puppy.

"No babe tell me." Liam said back, looking to Zayn. Their eyes met in the dark and all Zayn could see were stars.

"C-could I maybe like, I d-don't know-" And then Zayn was saved by Liam's other arm coming around his own shoulders. Now, he was pressed up tightly against Liam, blushing bright red.

Louis, on the other side of Liam, was watching closely. He knew his plan was working, all he had to do was stick with it.

♕♕♕♕♕

Niall looked up for a brief moment, clutching on to Harry shakily.

"H-harry?" Niall whispered softly.

"Yes love."

"A-are ghost real?" He asked.

"No baby of course not. This is all fake." Harry reassured him, pressing a kiss to his temple.