{fifteen}

Louis came home around 4 in the morning. He snuck in, past the dark kitchen and past the living room which was lit up by the tv.

He'd thought that he'd managed to sneak in when he heard the overly-exaggerated flicker of a lighter and saw a small orange flame light the face of someone sitting on the couch.

"Thought I'd have to wait longer Louis. Sit down." Zayn's voice was calm, too calm for Louis's liking.

"I'm not sorry for what I did." Louis said, although he felt quite the opposite when he saw the stitches on Zayn's forehead.

"No one asked you to be. I'm not sorry either." Zayn shrugged, blowing smoke out in a tight curl. He'd never smoked in the house before, not until now. Really, he was just doing it to further piss Louis off.

"I don't like what you do Zayn. It's not right."

"Today, I got abused by one of my clients. I've had a rough day Louis. This place is my solitude. Living with you guys keeps me sane. It's just, for some reason I felt this tight connection to Liam. Seeing you two together was like, the end of the line for me." 

"I-I didn't know." Louis trailed off, looking at his hands. He didn't even bother to say anything about the smoke entering his lungs and filling his throat. 

"I know. I don't like talking about my job. It puts food on the table, and that's all that matters." 

"No. It's not all that matters. I'm getting a job Zayn, and so is Harry. And when you're ready, you can get a job that doesn't involve selling yourself." 

There was a silence in between them for a second, neither making the move to d or say anything else.

"I like Liam." Louis whispered.

"Oh." Zayn said. He got up to leave, but felt Louis's fingers curl around his wrist stopping him from going any further. 

"I like Liam,but I don't love him. I can see the way you look at him Zayn. Who am I to step in the middle of that. Liam can be your person and I can find my own." Louis smiled. 

"Louis I'm so sorry. You and Harry have been there for me since the beginning. I don't know how I could ever pay you guy back. And now this? You all do so much for me. What have I done to help you?" Zayn was clearly over the fight, which was good for Louis as well as for their friendship. 

"Zayn, you pay rent. You feed us. Without you, we wouldn't have this flat, mate." Louis wrapped his arm around Zayn's shoulder.

"We should go to sleep." Zayn laughed. He'd been sitting there waiting for Louis for at least an hour. 

"Yeah, you're right." Louis sighed, running a tired hand over his face. 

Zayn remembered something.

"Louis, Liam's sleeping in your bed." He sighed.

"Aye mate, how about I sleep in your bed tonight, and you climb into bed with that sexy piece of ass." Louis winked, elbowing him.

Zayn didn't have a second thought, racing to Louis's room.

Afterall, why should he be nervous about laying in bed with a guy when he did much worse for a living. 

♕♕♕♕♕  

Niall woke up in Harry's arms with Ollie curled at his feet.

"Hazza." Niall whispered. 

Harry groaned, covering his face with his pillow. Niall pulled Ollie up to the front of the bed, holding him right by Harry's nose.

"Wakey wakey Haz." Niall giggled.