Chapter 4.5

PLEASE READ THIS!! Okay. I know I promised the last note begging you guys to read this over on Swoon Reads would be the last. BUT I forgot to tell you a couple super important things. So--real quick--the book is currently undergoing something like backwards edits. I always said that the revised version would not stay permanently on Wattpad. I'm currently in the process of changing each chapter back to the original NOT revised version on here. The reason I'm doing this is to entice readers to read the better version of it on Swoon Reads because over there I have a chance of them actually publishing the book if it does well. So I'm sure everyone understands that. 

However, if you choose to still only read it on Wattpad, I want to warn you that, until I'm done reverting the book to its original state (which will take me a week or two) there will be things that don't make sense in the story because half the book is the edited NEW version and half is the not edited OLD version. 

Also--the sequel to this story will be based on the NEW REVISED version. So if you've only read this version, I'm sure you'll still enjoy the sequel--but there will be parts of it you might not understand because those parts will be referencing changes that are NOT in this Wattpad version of the story. 

So, last time--if you want to read the NEW REVISED BETTER version of the book--which is still FREE--please copy/paste this link into your browser. Again, the site is free, just like Wattpad!! 

 https://www.swoonreads.com/m/skipping-time/

PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS AND GO READ THE POLISHED PERFECT VERSION OF THIS STORY ON SWOON READS!!! 

***

Cacee turned her head to see Jess. Once again, instead of watching the exhibit, his eyes were on her. She smiled and turned back to the painting, like she'd just been idly looking around. They'd been here for two hours, with Jess acting strangely the entire time. His turnaround from a guy who never flirted or even seemed to realize she was a girl to a guy who cast her flirtatious glances and made comments about her pretty smile baffled her. Since when did he think her smile was pretty? And what about that comment on her cuteness? The one he'd said so matter-of factly. As if he'd always found her cute. And what did that mean, anyway? Was she cute, like-a-puppy, cute? Or cute like, "boy-I'd-like-to-kiss-her cute? And why was she so obsessed with this?

She'd never broken her vow to view him as nothing more than her friend. Before today, she would have sworn she kept it because she was smart and strong-willed. Now she saw she'd only kept it because Jess never gave her any indication that she shouldn't. It was a humbling realization.

Still, a couple offhand compliments and some odd looks weren't exactly a declaration of his undying devotion. She needed to get a grip and stop having a heart-attack every time he even glanced in her general direction. But, even as she told herself this, her head turned and her eyes strayed back to Jess. Once again, his gaze was locked on her.

Before she could turn away, he leaned over and murmured, "You look distracted. Is this boring you?" His dark eyes held a teasing glint, as if he knew exactly what had her so distracted.

She whispered back, "You're not paying attention either; I haven't seen you looking at the exhibit even once."

Jess said, "I'm just appreciating the...beauty... of the environment." He held her gaze through the comment and then shoved his hands in his pockets and started running his foot over a pattern on the floor. In a few seconds, he glanced up at her through his lashes and smiled.

Wow. If he kept acting like this, she would either go into coronary arrest or she'd burst into a song about her true love while twirling through the museum like a deranged Disney Princess.