<36> I Love You

Dante has been quiet recently. He hasn't spoken much to me and I was kind of getting worried.

"Are you okay, love?"

"Fine, I'm fine." He rambled.

I raised a brow.

"You don't seem fine. You seem distant, Dante. I'm worried about you."

"Sam, you don't need to worry about me."

"But I do, mate. You're my boyfriend and my submissive and my mate and I need to take care of you and worry about you."

"I'm fine, Sam."

"Please don't lie to me. I need to know what's wrong."

"I don't want to talk about it, okay?" He snapped. I flinched and looked at him. He seemed in a trance, lost in thought at all times.

He seemed sad.

"Well, when you're ready to talk about it, you can always talk to me." I urged. I needed to know what was wrong.

"I'm going to go take a shower." He muttered and stood, leaving the room.

I watch him as he closes the bathroom door behind him.

What could be upsetting him so much?

My head started to hurt while thinking about what's making him so upset. I stood and left the room to get some Advil.

I get a bottle of water and swallow the pills before going back upstairs.

The throbbing in my head had settled and I patiently waited for Dante, a plan brewing in my head.

When he came out, he had a towel tied loosely around his waist.

"Love? Do you want to go somewhere? We can go on a date, if you'd like." I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"A date would be fun." He dropped his head onto my shoulder and I rubbed his wet back comfortingly.

"Put some clothes on while I change then we'll leave." I told him and he nodded before pulling away, walking into the closet.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise, love."

"I hate surprises."

"I'm sure you'll like this one."

He glanced over at me with a look that told me he though otherwise. I changed and when I got back, Dante had changed as well.

Gripping his hand, I led him to the car and opened the door for him,

He smiled and pulled on his seatbelt. I strolled to my side of the car and got in.

"Do I get any hint to where we're going?" He asked.

"Nope. Just sit back and enjoy the ride." I tell him and he sighs but doesn't bring up the topic again.

I drive around for a little bit, receiving glares and curious glances from Dante. Eventually I got onto the right road and began driving towards our destination.

"That whole twenty minutes was aimless driving?" Dante asked, a twinge of anger entered his voice.

"Yep." I grinned, receiving a glare from Dante.

"I hate you." He growled.

"No you don't."

"You don't know that."

I raised a brow at him. After a few minutes, I parked in the woods. The beach is a little ways from here and there was a nice dock that we could hang out on.