<11> Giving Up

Sam's POV

"Ugh! I'm done looking for that damn man."

"It's been two days Ivory."

He sighed in exasperation while running his hand through his hair.

"Why can't he just show up?"

"Maybe we could travel?"

"Where?"

"What about Cali? We spend a week on the beach while eying those hot pieces of ass." I nudged his shoulder and he nodded his head ferociously.

"We have to take Dante though."

"Or not."

"C'mon! It will be fun!"

"He hates me Ivory. It wouldn't be fun."

"But it would!"

"Fine, we can invite him but I'm not promising that he'll come." I groaned and Ivory clapped his hands together.

"Dante!" He yelled as he ran down the hallway that leads to Dante's room.

A door slammed open and a voice yelled over Ivory's footsteps.

"What?"

"I am formally inviting you to join Sam and I on our trip to California. Would you like to come?"

"Why would you invite me?"

"Because why not?"

"You don't even like me."

"You don't know that!"

"Is anyone else going?"

"Just Sammy, me and maybe you."

"Don't call him 'Sammy'." Dante growled. I guess he hadn't noticed I was standing only a few feet away.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because it's not your name."

"Why would you care if it's not my name?"

"Because I'm your mate and no one should-" he started but I raised an amused brow.

"Umm just because." He restarted.

Ivory laughed.

"So are you coming or not?"

"Sure why not."

"Yay!" Ivory jumped onto Dante who caught him in surprise.

"Start packing today, we're leaving in two days. Oh! I need to buy the plane tickets!" Ivory yelled then ran into my room.

I rolled my eyes and went to follow him.

Rather than watching over his payment process of the tickets, I went into my closet and began packing like he'd suggested.

I packed enough clothes for a week then I moved to the bathroom to collect what I need.

Grabbing everything for our week long trip, I methodically place it all in a suitcase and tell myself I'll do laundry while I'm there.

After I finish, I place all of the bags beside the bedroom room and fall down on the bed beside Ivory. I rest my head in his lap and watch as he orders the tickets.

"Okay, they're ordered."

"Great." I grinned.

He smiled and closed the laptop, setting it to the side.

His hands tangled in my hair as a sadness entered his eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"I just... I feel like I'm never going to find him."

"You're going to find him. I promise."

"Yeah, in like 50 years!"

"You're being dramatic. It's not going to take that long."

"You don't know that!"

"I'm pretty sure that it won't so put some trust in me."

"But-"

"Ivory stop. You're going to find him and it's not going to take 50 years."

"Okay."

"Now go to sleep."

He nodded then laid down. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him to me.

His breathing slowed and I ran a hand over his cheek then closing my eyes.