<25> Substitute Alpha Sam

*time skip to the day they leave*

I woke up to a coldness, no one in my arms.

"Dante?" I asked, not getting a reply.

I sat up and looked at the clock before noticing a note with scribbled handwriting.

Sammy,
     I'm sorry I had to leave like this but it would be too heartbreaking to say goodbye in person. So,
                   Goodbye,
                                   Dante X

What the hell? He's leaving me?

I searched around the room frantically then jumped up and slung on some clothes.

Running out of the room, my head twisted side to side.

"Substitute Alpha Sam? What are you looking for?" A small girl asked.

"My mate, where's Dante?"

"He left to go to that meeting. Don't you remember?" She asked politely.

"Shit! No, I didn't remember. I thought he was leaving me." I blushed and scratched the back of my neck.

The girl smiled softly, not knowing what to do.

"Well, thanks. Um, why exactly are you here?" I asked her, raising a brow.

"I came to tell you that we're having a pack get together and you're going to have to tell the pack that you're taking charge."

"Ah. Well, if you don't mind, I'm going to change." I smiled.

"Good idea." She nodded.

I go back to my room and put on some light skinny jeans with a black v-neck. This is good enough.

Shrugging, I exit the room and tread down the stairs.

Where is this gathering thing? I have no idea where I'm going and of course I can't find anyone to ask.

I shook my head and groaned.

"Where the hell am I going?" I grumbled before stumbling around some more.

Would it be outside since the pack is so big or does Ajax have a big ass room for meetings? I don't fucking know!

He should've gone over all this stuff before he left.

I sigh and continue walking around the large house.

Finally, I could hear a cluster of voices and let our a relieved sigh.

I see all the people a few seconds after hearing them. Walking around all the people, I stand on a tree stump in front of them since we are outside.

I wonder if this is where they normally meet or they just happened to meet up where a tree stump was in front of them.

"Hello," I began," As some of you may know, I will be taking over for Alpha Ajax for approximately seven days."

"I'm not sure of everything I have to say so if I leave anything out, feel free to come up to me and ask whatever you need."

One hand raised.

"Yes?" I questioned, looking pointingly at the one who was about to ask the question.

"How are we going to deal with the rogues that are constantly around our border? We think they're making a plan." He was a buff wolf with bulging muscles and many tattoos.

"Meet me after this and we will talk about that." Shit, more rogues. I hated those vile creatures. They're ruthless and annoying, stupid as well.

The man nodded and a small teenage boy raised his hand.