Returning

Dole had told me to wait in the bedroom until Kyle returned. This would give him time to talk to Kyle and hopefully calm him down before he got to me. I prayed Dole would be successful in his attempt to lower my punishment. I didn't regret what I did, I wouldn't change anything I had done. Kyle deserved it and much, much worse than a teenage girl beating him up. My hand was raw and covered in dried blood. There was a lingering pain but it quickly became manageable. It was like the pain wasn't even there. I was too used to the pain.

          I had cried all the tears that were left in my eyes at this point. Even if I wanted to cry, I wouldn't be able too. Memories of Maddie would constantly flash in and out of my memory, making me sick to my stomach. I had been laying on the bed for about an hour when the bedroom door opened. I prayed that it was Dole but knew it would be Kyle. I saw up quickly, getting ready to fight Kyle if I needed too. He walked in and shut the door behind him. His expression was unreadable. I was desperate to know what he was feeling. Was he still pissed off or had Dole calmed him down? I didn't dare speak, not wanting to anger him.

             Without a word, he slowly strutted towards me. I retreated backward, afraid of getting hurt. My heart started to beat rapidly as I scooted across the bed away from him. He grabbed onto my ankle and yanked me towards him. Before I knew it, he climbed on top of me and pinned my wrists down onto the bed. He was extremely close to my face, his warm breath hitting my face. His body heat radiated off of him, making me extremely uncomfortable.

           "Kelly, I don't think you realize what all I can do to you. I have so many ideas of ways to punish you but I understand that you were angry so I'll lower your punishment." He whispered in my ear.

           "I know you're sorry for what you did, right?" He asked when I didn't speak.

               He looked me in the eyes and it took everything I had not to scream at him. What was I supposed to say to that? He killed my best friend so of course, I didn't feel sorry for attacking him. Even though I should have lied and agreed with him, I knew I couldn't do that. I couldn't give in to him. Maddie needed justice, not for me to give into her killer. As hard as I could, I bucked him off of me. He wasn't expecting it so he fell off of me. I crawled away from him and managed to get to stand up on the other side of the bed, away from him. He stared at me with a mixture of shock and anger in his eyes.

            "I'm not sorry. You deserved it. You murdered my best friend." I yelled, standing my ground on this.

            "Maybe I should have thought more ahead about your stubbornness." He muttered.

            "Yeah, you probably should have. I don't care what you do to me, nothing is worse than giving in to you." I snapped.

              "I suggest you think hard about what you say to me because many girls who have been kidnapped have had a lot worse done to them than just a beating. Something that would scar them for the rest of their lives, both physically and mentally." He threatened.

             "You wouldn't." I breathed.

              I knew that he was implying that he would rape me. He wouldn't do that to me, would he? No, he couldn't. That thought never came across my mind this whole time I was with Kyle. I knew he was capable of it, he had raped Brooke but I never thought he would consider doing it to me. If he loved me, he'd never do that. If he really wanted to, he could accomplish raping me which made my head hurt. I wouldn't be able to fight him to prevent him from doing that to me. I would truly be destroyed.

           My body tensed as he said, "You don't know what I'm capable of."

              I was speechless. I couldn't even imagine being raped, especially by him. He had never threatened me like this before and it truly caught me off guard. There was so much I wanted to say to him but I knew I couldn't, not after that threat. He was seriously insane. No one would think to do all of this, not someone who was in their right mind. Kyle stepped around the bed and at first, I didn't even realize he was coming over to me. I backed away quickly, not wanting him any closer to me.

             "Stay away from me." I begged, feeling myself getting exhausted from all the fighting I was doing constantly.

            I began to question exactly what was I fighting for anymore. I had no parents, no boyfriend, no best friend. I had no one except my aunt and uncle who I still didn't really know as well. I barely had Robbins since she was being held here against her will as well. I didn't have many friends at school so what was I fighting for? I mentally slapped myself for thinking such things. I wanted to live. I wanted freedom. I wanted a life. These depressive thoughts were not me really thinking correctly.

           "Kelly, I can do whatever I want." He said, his face emotionless.

           I hadn't even realized that he walked on my side of the bed, getting closer and closer to me. I retreated back until I hit the wall behind me, causing me to jump when I made contact. A smile crept on his lips when he realized I was trapped. He slowly ran his hand across my cheek, instantly causing me to tense my entire body.

            "The reason I love you so much is because you're so afraid of me, yet you continue to do things that piss me off. I don't want to hurt you but you just can't listen. If you would behave, everything would be fine." He said but he didn't stop there.

           "You aren't like any of the other girls I've kidnapped. You're a fighter which makes me love you even more. You're not afraid to stand up to me, even when I threaten you in the most horrific ways. You're stubborn, yet beautiful. You're smart, almost smarter than me." He smiled.

             I felt myself blush. What the hell was I doing? I shouldn't be feeling this way. I shouldn't take his compliments. Was he trying to catch me off guard by flirting with me? What happened to the Kyle that was pissed off at me? He did a total flip from pissed to flirtatious and loving. I glanced at the ground, avoiding eye contact with him. If I didn't look in his eyes, maybe it would help me ignore him.

             "Did I just see you blush? It's nice to get compliments, isn't it?" He said, which made me blush even more but I kept my head down, hoping he wouldn't see.

             His warm hand touched my cheek, causing me to jerk my head up, staring him in the eyes. How was he the guy I had once been extremely close to? He was family but now he was nothing but the man who ruined my life. Before I could react, he started to lean over to kiss me. I stood, frozen. Just as his lips were about to touch mine, there was a pounding knock on the door. Kyle sighed in frustration but went to the door to see Dole standing there, pale as a ghost.

         "What?" Kyle snapped, know he had been interrupted.

          "Come here." Dole said softly, motioning Kyle to come over to the door away from me.

            The two men started whispering and sadly, I was unable to hear the conversation. I crossed my arms and stared at the men, hoping they would tell me what was going on. What couldn't Dole say in front of me? Kyle quickly turned to look at me and for once, there was fear in his eyes. He shook his head and cursed several times to himself but regaining his emotionless expression. Without a word, the men turned and left the room, locking it from the outside, leaving me confused but curious as to what was happening. 

This chapter is edited, let me know if there are mistakes :D