Another One Goes

After interviewing nearly all the male students and facility members of the high school, Robbins and Officer Gilbert had five suspects that they wanted to question again and possibly take down to the station. It was better to be safe than sorry. One of the students was Kelly's boyfriend, Ethan Samson. Robbins had been close with Ethan over the past year and knew that he helped Kelly out more than anyone. It broke her heart that he was a suspect but Gary had mentioned him specifically to a possible suspect. She was just doing her job, which at times was extremely hard to do.

             Ethan walked into the small conference room that school allowed Robbins to use for the investigations. He had bags under his eyes from lack of sleep and his eyes were bloodshot. Now the real question was he exhausted from Kelly being missing or because he was the one who took her? She hated to think that but he would definitely be someone you wouldn't expect.

             "This is bullshit. Why would I kidnap my own girlfriend?" He snapped, knowing exactly why he was back in the conference room. Robbins understood his frustration but they had to make sure there was no way he could have done this.

           "Please just answer our questions, Ethan. We are just doing our jobs, it's not personal." Robbins said.

           He sighed and took a seat across from the two officers. He crossed his arms but nodded, letting her know he would cooperate.

           "What exactly did you do the night Kelly was kidnapped?" Officer Gilbert asked.

             "As I said before, I actually went to see her that night before she went to be bed. She was scared about Kyle so I went to see her. Then I left her house and went back home where I played video games and went to bed." He said.

           "Is there anyone that can confirm that?" Robbins asked.

            "Well, Officer Dole saw me at Kelly's and my mom was at home with me the whole night. I can't believe you think I could do this to her, knowing what she went through the last year." He said angrily.

          "Ethan, we don't believe it. We just have to rule you out. Please understand, it's just procedure." Robbins said calmly.

           "Officer Dole said that when you left Kelly's you seemed upset and when he went to check on her she was angry as well. What happened?" Officer Gilbert asked.

            "We got in a fight about Kyle. She was acting like he hadn't escaped and I tried to make her face reality which she wasn't happy about. But she texted me apologizing if you need to see that. She was just freaked out about everything and took her anger out on me. That doesn't mean I'd kidnap her, I have no reason too. Now, are we done?" He replied.

            "Yes. Thank you again, Ethan." Robbins said, feeling guilty for putting him through this when he was already suffering enough. She really believed that he wasn't the copycat.

             The next person on their list to interview was her track coach, Mr. Reed. She had been close with him as well which was a red flag. Robbins didn't know a reason why Mr. Reed would be the copycat but then again Robbins had no ideas about anything involving this case. Mr. Reed walked in the room, looking nervous. She wasn't sure if it was just because he had to talk to the police or if he really had something to hide.

           "Hello, Mr. Reed. We just have a few more questions for you." Robbins said.

          "Where were you the night Kelly was kidnapped?" Officer Gilbert asked.

         "At home. I was writing my plans for next week's gym class." He answered.

         "Can anyone verify that?" Robbins asked.