Blood

When my eyes opened, every part of my body screamed in pain. My head was pounding from the side effects of the chloroform and my muscles ached from fighting so much. I needed to sleep it off and hopefully, regain some energy. It had been a few days since I ate so that was making my head spin. I let out a groan, finally getting a chance to see where I was. I expected to be locked in the basement but was shocked to find that I was in a bedroom.

           My eyes adjusted to the darkness of the room, a faint amount of light coming in through the window. I was laying in the bed with a set of arms wrapped around my waist. I tried to pull away from the arms but they tightened their grip on me. I looked over to see Kyle laying next to me.

          "Stop struggling before I knock you out again." He threatened, grogginess evident in his voice.

           I immediately stopped moving as tears filled my eyes. I glanced down to see that I was still covered in blood from head to toe. Tears silently flowed down my cheeks. I hoped that I wouldn't wake Kyle up and make him mad but luck wouldn't be that nice to me.

         I felt Kyle's hands force me to turn around so that I was now facing him on my side. His eyes stared at me. His face didn't show that he was angry but concerned and tired. He caressed my chin, forcing me to look straight at him. Tears still fell from my eyes but I quickly wiped my tears away and stopped crying. I looked so weak in front of him and I hated it. I didn't want him to see me like this. He slowly caressed my cheek almost in a caring matter. I realized he wasn't wearing a shirt which made me uncomfortable. It didn't help that I was still in only a sports bra so our bare skin was touching each other.

         "Everything's okay, Sweetie." He whispered.

          I shook my head, disagreeing with him but not wanting to talk. I remembered that he had killed Gary. Kyle was a ruthless killer yet he was in love with me. I shivered at the thought. I knew I would feel better if I got this blood off of me. I just hoped Kyle would feel bad enough to let me. I was just wanting this intimate situation to end.

       "C-can I p-please shower. I need this blood off of me." I stuttered as I choked on a silent sob, thinking about where the blood came from.

         "Of course, Sweetie. I hope you can see that I can be nice and maybe this can change your attitude." He said quietly as he released me.

         I felt myself take a deep breath, forgetting that I had stopped breathing when he was holding me. He sat up and walked over to my side of the bed. I quickly sat up causing him to chuckle. He held his hand out and I hesitantly took it. It took me a moment to get my balance due to the pain shooting through my muscles and bones. I was thankful I took his hand because if not, I would have probably fallen over.

          He wrapped his arm around my waist as he helped me out of the room. I felt so weird around him even though we were super close before I was kidnapped. He was like a stranger to me but I couldn't help but remember all of the cookouts, dinners, and training lessons that we had enjoyed together.

            We walked across the hall to where the bathroom was located. Kyle opened the door and turned on the light for me. He gestured for me to walk in and I did, not wanting to make him mad. A nice warm shower would hopefully help with my aching body.

          "Thank you." I mumbled.

          "Anything for you Sweetie. There is a towel and a change of clothes that I got from your house. I put them there earlier because I figured you'd want to clean up." Kyle smiled.

            "And as much as I love seeing you in nothing but a sports bra, I personally am not fond of Dole seeing you that way." He added, making me tense up.

           The thought of Kyle thinking of me in a sexual matter made my stomach turn. I knew he said he loved me but I never really thought how he thought of me. Would he ever rape me if I never gave into him? How long would he wait for me until he snapped? Then I shivered at the thought of Kyle being in my house and going through my clothes. I quickly closed the door, making a blockade between Kyle and I. I made sure to lock the door, not wanting Kyle or Dole to walk in on me. There was a clock in there that read six in the morning.

          How long had we been in the basement before I was knocked out? I didn't even care that it was so early and I was showering. I need to get the blood from Ethan, Gary and myself off as fast as I could.

           I rapidly removed my clothes, wanting to burn them in the process. They were stained with bright, red blood and dirt from being trapped in the tunnels. I looked in the mirror and gasped. My right cheek was bruised and my right eye was on the verge of becoming a black eye. My hair was ratted and filled with blood, which made me want to puke. You could barely tell the color of my skin since it was stained with blood and dirt.

           As I looked down my body, I noticed my stomach was a purplish-black color, which worried me. He had really hurt me. My legs were covered with blood but under them were more bruising. It would take a while for these bruises to clear up. I turned on the shower and waited as the water heated up.

           I couldn't wait any longer, I hopped in the shower, not caring if the water was too cold or too hot. I needed this blood off of me. Tears rushed down my cheeks as I scrubbed the blood away from my body. The bottom of the shower turned brown. After about fifteen minutes of scrubbing and drenching my skin and hair with soap, I had managed to remove all of the blood and dirt off that had stained my skin.

         "I'm so sorry Ethan and Gary. You didn't need to die." I muttered to myself as I tried to stop crying.

           Once the water started to get colder, I removed myself from the shower still not wanting to leave its comfort. The bathroom was filled with stream and I was thankful I couldn't see my reflection in the fogged up mirror.

           I looked at the clothes that Kyle had gotten me. There was a pair of jean shorts with my favorite black tank top which was decorated with sparkles. My bright red and black sports bra and matching black underwear were also laid out. Thankfully, he laid out a pair of socks and my gym shoes. He knew I loved wearing them and felt more comfortable that way. I wanted to get sick at the thought of him going through my underwear drawer, picking out what he wanted me to wear.

           I slowly put my clothes on, trying not to injure my already crippled body. I made sure to put my gym shoes back on, just in case I needed to make a bolt for the door or if I found a way to escape. I wasn't planning on escaping yet but if the opportunity presented itself, I needed to be ready. My feet burned as I slipped them on but that's what I got for running through the woods barefoot.

         I didn't want to face Kyle again but I knew I needed to leave the bathroom. I opened the door and walked into the hallway. I peeked into the bedroom to find it was empty. I wasn't sure where to look but I crept down the hallway. When I got to the corner, I glanced around the corner to find Dole and Kyle standing next to each other, looking like they were talking to someone. Before I could react, I saw Kyle quickly turn around, looking right at me.

           "Ah, hello Kelly. Nice to see you're finally out." He smiled.

           Something was wrong. Who were they talking to? I noticed that Dole was holding a gun at someone and I gave them a confused look. I glanced at the clock to see it read almost seven in the morning. Who could be here this early?

          Kyle stepped towards me and Dole stepped out of the way to relieve who he was holding the gun at. My heart felt like it was broken into a million pieces. All hope was now lost. How could this happen? The person was standing in front of the closed front door with Dole's gun pointed at them. There was nothing they could do.

          "Robbins?" I cried, feeling unable to breathe.

This chapter is edited, let me know if there are any mistakes :D