The Plan

Kyle had to literally drag me up the stairs as I resisted against him. I didn't want to leave Robbins alone in the state that she was in. She was too hurt to be alone. What if she died from her injuries? Tears cascaded down my cheeks as I tried my best to fight against him. We got to the main floor and Kyle shut and locked the door from the outside.

            "This was your punishment for trying to escape. Don't let it happen again." Kyle said as he walked away into the kitchen. It was almost six o'clock so I guessed he was going to make dinner.

            "Dole, are you eating dinner here or are you going out?" Kyle shouted from the kitchen. 

           I could hear pots and pans rattled as Kyle pulled out everything for dinner. Dole and Kyle acted like a married couple which brought a small grin to my face. The thought of Dole and Kyle living together, married was hilarious. I was curious what Kyle was making for dinner because I was starving. I had only eaten a few hours ago but I was still starving. I felt bad because I shouldn't be thinking of food when Robbins is downstairs suffering.

            "No, I'll probably go spend some time at the police station, so no one gets suspicious." Dole shouted from the back bedroom.

           I silently walked over to the living room and sat down on the couch. The way the room was set up, I couldn't be seen from the open kitchen behind me. I didn't want Kyle to see me. Robbins was hurting and I was up here doing nothing to help her. I needed to help her like she protected me downstairs. This was all my fault. Why did Robbins have to come here and not bring back up? Why did she have to protect me? This was my punishment and I should have been the one hurting on the ground.

          I started to think of my dad for some odd reason. Maybe it was because of Robbins. She swore to my dad to protect me and that's what she did today. I did appreciate it because I'm not sure what I would have done if I was beaten again and especially like that. I really didn't want to think about my dad, but I couldn't help it. I fought back the tears as I remembered the day he was killed. One of the worst days of my life.

          "Any last words Matt?" Kyle asked, completely ignoring me.

            "You could tell Kelly that I'm all she has now since both her mom and dad will be dead." Kyle added.

          Was my mom really dead? Tears filled my eyes from his words. It couldn't be true. My parents fought all the time but I still loved them more than anything. This just couldn't be true. My mom couldn't be dead, she just couldn't. Kyle wouldn't kill both of my parents. I wouldn't believe it until I saw her dead body.

         "Wh-what?" I stuttered.

          "Yeah, I killed your mom when she was leaving work. Now you won't have to worry about mommy and daddy fighting. Anyways, Matt, anything you want to say?" Kyle said.

           The look on my dad's face told me that it was true. My mom was dead and then my dad was about to die. I would have no one left in my life. We weren't close with my parents' families so it had always been the three of us. Tears poured down my face when the fact that my mom was really dead hit me. Kyle held me tighter as if wanting to comfort me for what he did. He killed my mom and soon my dad. I'd never forgive him for this.

          "Kelly, I love you. You will not be with him forever. Someone will find you." My dad said to me.

         I wanted to believe him but I knew he was just probably saying that. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I replayed those words in my head. His eyes for once filled with tears as he stared at me. Never in my life had I seen him cry until today. I went to say, "I love you too," but Kyle cut me off before I spoke.