Dole

The chains that were holding my wrists suddenly were released, causing me to drop to the floor with a thud. It seemed like I couldn't get enough oxygen to my lungs as I gasped for air. Tears cascaded down my cheeks as I stared at Maddie's dying body. My eyes zoned in on her as she took her final breath, her eyes staring deeply into mine. A pool of dark, crimson blood circled around her motionless body. This couldn't be real. Not my best friend. I prayed this was just a nightmare but the burning in my chest reassured me that this was real.

            A hand lightly touched my shoulder and I whirled around and kicked at whoever was touching me. Kyle stumbled backward, cursing in pain from where I made contact with his shin. He deserved way more than that. How dare he come near me after killing my friend for no reason. I slowly got to my feet as he glared at me.

          "Don't you dare touch me." I snarled, rage coursing through my body.

           "Kelly-" He started to speak but I cut him off.

             "I will never forgive you for this. I hate you more than anyone in the world." I snapped as more tears poured down my face.

              A shocked look appeared on his face but I didn't care. He had no right to be shocked by my comment. How did he expect me to react when he murdered my best friend? Maybe he should be surprised that the killed yet another innocent person. I knew he'd never feel guilty about killing her though. Something was seriously wrong with him. I wanted to kill him but I would become a monster just like him. He has caused me so much suffering for no reason at all. Maddie did nothing wrong. She didn't need to die.

            Kyle started to walk towards me but once he was close enough, I swung my fist as hard as I could. My fist managed to connect with his cheek, sending him stumbling back a few steps. He seemed stunned by my sudden aggression towards him with I used to my advantage. I snuck my foot in between his legs and tripped him, causing him to tumble to the ground. I straddle him and started to throw punch after punch until it was effortless to hit him.

            He tried to block my assault but anger had taken over and I managed to punch past his defenses. Groans escaped his mouth which made me punch him even harder, wanting to cause as much pain as I could. He deserved much more than this. My fist was throbbing and was covered in blood. I wasn't sure if it was my blood or Kyle's. His nose was busted and his lip was swollen. I wanted to sock him in the eye but he was guarding better. Before I knew it, my body was being ripped away from Kyle.

           Dole grasped onto my fighting body, holding me firmly in place. I thought it was funny because Dole had let me get a good beating in before he pulled me off of Kyle. I wasn't sure if Kyle would notice that or not that Dole had let me hurt him. That made me wonder who's side Dole really was on. Why had he let me hurt Kyle before I was pulled away? Maybe he just had slow instincts. Maybe he wanted me to hurt Kyle. Who could possibly know the truth?

            Kyle laid on the ground, groaning as he wiped the blood from his face. Good, I hope he is hurting for a while. That was Maddie, my parents, Ethan and even Gary. That was for every person Kyle had killed before. That was for all the times he beat me and for kidnapping me twice.

           "Kyle, I'm going to take her back to the house because if you drive her she'll probably end up causing you to crash and killing both of you. When you get yourself together, clean this up and we'll talk when you get home." Dole said, talking towards Kyle who was sitting up now.

             Kyle nodded but said nothing. He didn't even try to stand up which made me happy. I hope it took him a while to get up. Dole turned for us to leave but I broke away from Dole and ran over and kicked Kyle in his groin, causing him to curse loudly.