Reward

Kyle must have noticed that I was in deep thought because he stared at me with a questionable look. I quickly looked away and finished the rest of my breakfast. I barely had an appetite but forced myself to finish my meal so that Kyle wouldn't get suspicious. I wasn't sure what to do. Kyle wouldn't take me somewhere with a lot of people so he would probably just kill the worker I asked for help. Then again, I could secretly do it. It would be hard with Kyle watching me like a hawk but there was always a chance I could get away with it. This was too hard of a decision to make. I could either try to escape and get help and risk getting caught or gain more trust from Kyle.

            Most people would probably say don't risk it but Robbins could be dying down there and I wouldn't know it. I needed to help her and get myself away from Kyle. I could never truly forgive him for all he has done to hurt me. I don't get why he can't see that and just leave me alone. I jumped when I felt a pair of hands grab my waist and turn my body. It felt like I was going to fall out from the chair I was sitting on. I quickly grabbed onto Kyle's shoulders to balance myself.

            "Zoning out or in deep thought?" He asked, chuckling at the end.

             "Zoning out." I muttered, trying not to look at him in the eyes.

              Then I realized I was still holding onto his shoulders. I quickly let go of him, causing him to laugh softly. I crossed my arms as a defense mechanism. It wasn't funny.

            "Don't do that." He said as he grabbed my wrists and uncrossed my arms

            "Sorry." I whispered.

             I went to stand up but Kyle refused to let me. Oh, please don't let me have to kiss him again. He was extremely close to me which made me uneasy. He brushed a strain of hair out my face and I knew he wanted to kiss me, it was obvious now. I needed to stop this. Before he could try and make a move, I asked, "Can I please bring some food down to Robbins and check on her?"

            He paused for a moment, thinking about my request. This definitely stopped him from kissing me, thank goodness. He ran his thumb on my wrist that he was still holding. He was incredibly close to me as he looked into my eyes. His facial features relaxed as he let out a sigh.

           "Fine, but you get five minutes down there before we have to leave." He said, grabbing a bowl of cereal for me to take down to Robbins. A smile grew on my face as he unlocked the basement door.

          "You're five minutes starts now." He said.

           I thanked him and quickly made my way down the creaking stairs. I flipped on the light, slightly blinded by the white light filling the dark basement. I scanned the basement, looking for windows to escape from but sadly, there were none. Robbins was sitting on the floor, covered in dried blood as she leaned up against the wall.

         "Hey." I said softly as I walked over to her and sat down with her.

           I set the bowl of cereal down next to her and told her we only have five minutes to talk before I had leave. Guilt started to consume me as I got a closer look at her injuries. She had a black eye, a busted lip and half of her face was swollen. Her arms were covered in bruises and I could only imagine what the rest of her body looked like under her clothes. Her hair was half in a ponytail and half falling out. I was glad to see she was still alive but she looked like she could barely move still.

          "Are you doing okay?" She asked and I stared at her in confusion.

           "You're asking me if I'm okay? How about you? You're the one who got the last beating." I replied.