New Place

Kyle's large hands grabbed me by the hair, dragging me back into the woods where his car was located. My head started to throb as he continuously yanked on my ponytail. The man was walking behind us, making sure I didn't get any smart ideas about running away. I knew in the past, I had many failed attempts at escaping but I swear I thought this time was different. I actually got to talk to Robbins. I was so close. I knew Kyle was extremely pissed off at me but besides killing me, what else could he do? He already killed Ethan in front of me.

           "Kyle, please stop. I'll walk on my own." I cried out as he yanked my hair again.

          "It's too late for that." He said coldly, giving my hair another pull just because he wanted too.

         I screamed in pain only causing the man to quickly chuckle at my pain and suffering. I swore he was going to rip out my freaking hair. I thought about trying to fight him but that would only make him even madder. After what felt like forever in hell, we reached Kyle's car. He opened the back car door and literally threw me in the back seat. He slammed the door, almost shutting my foot in it.

            I looked over to see Cali sitting there, tears running down her cheeks and her head bleeding. They had hurt her and it was all my fault. Kyle hoped in the car and sped off, knowing Robbins was on her way. I went to pull on the car door to find that it had a child lock.

            "Are you serious right now, Kelly?" Kyle snapped, as he looked back at me through the mirror. I didn't say anything which seemed to make him madder.

          "I don't think you understand how easy it is to get to everyone you care about. I thought last night with Ethan would have taught you something but I guess I was wrong. Don't worry though, you will learn your lesson later sooner or later." Kyle said with a sinister grin.

           What would his lesson be? I needed a shower desperately, but knowing how angry I've mad Kyle, I would be lucky to get breakfast in the morning. It was about ten o'clock at night when we arrived at a house. I looked around to find nothing but farmland. We were in the middle of nowhere. The house looked to be in terrible condition. How was this Kyle's idea of a better place?

             There was chipped paint from the house, the siding was almost falling off and weeds and dead grass filled the yard. It seemed like a pretty big house but it was hard to tell from the outside. The man and Kyle got out and started to talk. I couldn't make out what they were saying and I knew I couldn't get out of the car to listen. I turned towards Cali who was silently crying. I felt bad for her, I didn't plan on her getting hurt. She faced away from me, and I knew she was furious with me.

           "Cali, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" I asked, sympathetically.

           Her head snapped in my direction and she said, "Does it look like it? I'm probably going to get more of a punishment now that we're here thanks to you and your plan that would never work. Have you ever wondered why you were with Kyle as long as you were a year ago? Well, it's because you can't escape and you should just get escaping out of your head because it won't work."

            I stared at her in disbelief. I can't believe she just said all that to me. I felt tears fill my eyes but I refused to cry. She looked away from me and I knew better than to reply to her comment. I was just trying to get us out of this situation, she didn't have to be rude about it. I didn't hold a gun to her head and make her run away with me. I wanted to say something to her but decided against it. She was already upset and hurting and I didn't want to add to that.

          My door opened and I was pulled out of the car by Kyle. My knees hit the ground, cutting them open and making them bleed. I was already covered in blood so why did it matter? I planted my feet into the ground, causing Kyle to stop and glare at me.