Uncle

Robbins waited in her house like Gary had told her too. She couldn't believe that he had broken into her house. Her heart had finally started beating out of control and she could breathe normally. Robbins got into her car and started to drive to the location Dole texted her. This body was in the same condition as the others, with Gary's name carved in them. There was nothing new about the crime scene that was different from the others. They still had to process the scene and attempt at locating Gary even though she knew he wouldn't be found.

           Throughout the day, more and more of Gary's bodies started to be found. Robbins and Dole had notified and interviewed crying parents for at least two hours today. It broke her heart knowing that these families would never get justice. Robbins had told only Dole about Gary showing up at her house. If she told anyone else, then it would become a huge thing and a lot of paperwork to fill out which she didn't have time for. She knew Dole would keep her secret. There was nothing they could do about Gary anyway so what was the point of blowing it out of proportion?

            Gary was the best at hiding. She had been trying to find him ever since he escaped prison and was unable to find him unless he wanted her to find him. It was frustrating. How was someone so good at hiding? She had to forget about Gary, knowing that wouldn't go anywhere and she certainly wouldn't be able to arrest him. She needed to focus on the copycat and still trying to find Kyle who managed to fall off the face of the Earth. There hadn't been any other reports on him since he was spotted near his brother's house.

          "Robbins, it's time to interview the uncle." Dole frowned.

           Dole was thinking the same thing as Robbins. This wasn't going to go over well. It would most likely act how Ethan had when they had questioned him. He would take offense and become defensive like we were personally attacking him, which wasn't the case. This wouldn't be a good conversation but it needed to be done. Dole and Robbins drove over to the hotel Jim and Catherine were staying at until the crime scene was cleaned up at their house. Robbins prepared herself for the worst as she knocked on their hotel door. Jim opened up and invited them inside.

         "Have you found anything yet?" Jim asked.

           "Nothing yet." Robbins replied.

            Catherine gestured for everyone to come and sit in the small living area which consisted of two couches. Jim and Catherine sat on one couch and Dole and Robbins took the other couch. Robbins was the first to speak, wanting to get this over with quickly and quietly.

          "Um, so Jim, we have to ask you a few questions." Robbins said.

         "About what?" He asked.

           "Exactly where were you the night Kelly was kidnapped?" Dole asked, thankfully, knowing Robbins didn't want to ask the specific question.

            Jim's face scrunched up and started to turn red. Robbins sighed quietly to herself before Jim exploded. Here were the fireworks.

          "Are you questioning me as I suspect!" He snapped, making Robbins tense up.

          "We got a tip by someone and they said it could be you. It's just procedure that we have to follow up on, Jim." Robbins said calmingly.

            "Bull shit! Why would I kidnap my own niece? I love her and desperately want her back" Jim shouted, not caring what we have to say.

            "How dare you both! Having the nerve to accuse my husband of something so cruel is so inconsiderate. We want out niece back; Jim would never do something like that!" Catherine snapped, holding onto her husband's hand, looking at Robbins as if she was a criminal.