Chapter 28: Demons

-
When the days are cold
And the cards all fold
And the saints we see
Are all made of gold

When your dreams all fail
And the ones we hail
Are the worst of all
And the blood's run stale

I wanna hide the truth
I wanna shelter you
But with the beast inside
There's nowhere we can hide

No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide
Don't get too close
It's dark inside
It's where my demons hide

Curtain's call
Is the last of all
When the lights fade out
All the sinners crawl

So they dug your grave
And the masquerade
Will come calling out
At the mess you've made

Don't wanna let you down
But I am hell bound
Though this is all for you
Don't wanna hide the truth

No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide
Don't get too close
It's dark inside
It's where my demons hide

They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go

Your eyes, they shine so bright
I wanna save that light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide
Don't get too close
It's dark inside
It's where my demons hide
It's where my demons hide -

*~! Tiana's POV !~*

I stretched, and frowned, not feeling Antonio's body next to me. He was gone, but I got over it quickly. Today, all the girls of the family, including the new additions, and I were going to go have a girls' day.

I got myself together, then walked to the nursery to see Krystal holding her little sister.

"Hi baby!" I grinned largely, kissing her cheek, then my baby girl's.

"Hi mommy! She's being really good," she smiled up at me.

"That's good. Is your dad still here?" I asked.

"Yep. He's in the kitchen, they're about to leave," she nodded.

"Well, can you do me a favor, and watch Alex until I say bye?"

"Mhm!" She replied. I kissed my babies foreheads before walking to the kitchen.

"There you are," I giggled as Antonio jumped from the counter, trying to feed Gabriel some mashed potatoes.

"Oh! Babe! I uhm... I was uh, well he was-"

"Save it," I laughed, reaching for Gabe. "There's my little baby," I cooed.

"Your big baby doesn't get anything?" He frowned.

"Nope. Big baby was trying to feed little baby stuff he can't eat yet!" I playfully hit his arm, handing him back our son. "So, what's your plan for today?" I questioned.

"Brent invited us to the fire house. Aiden's super excited, but I think I'm more happy than he is! It'll be some good bonding time," he nodded.

"Awh, look at you," I smirked.

"Aiden thinks I'm the coolest dad in the world. I didn't think he liked me anymore, but this bonding time means the world to me. I have kids now, four, and with you here, we can give them what I never had, you know? A good relationship with your father was good for me, but now my kids can have their own father," he sighed.

"Mommy!" Aiden ran and I squatted down to his height, hearing Antonio mumble something about my ass. "I thought you weren't gonna wake up!"

"And miss my two favorite boys! Never," I hugged him.

"Me and daddy are gonna have so much fun! And Gabe too! Daddy's the best," he hugged Antonio's legs.

"I know he is. That's why I married him," I giggled.

"We gotta go Aid, say bye," Ant instructed. Aiden hugged me again, then kissed my cheek.

I walked them out with Gabriel in my arms. I was so reluctant to let my children leave without me. I have to really try not to cry when the twins pick up Aid and Krys, or even when I drop the babies off at moms.

I strapped in Gabriel as Antonio took care of Aiden, then came back to me. He pulled me into his arms.

"I missed you this morning," I frowned.

"I'm sorry. I had to get them ready and pack a bag and everything," he apologized, I strained my neck to see him.

"Where are you going after the fire house?" I asked.

"Dad wants to take all the guys go-carting, then out to lunch. It'll be fun," he chuckled, making my chest vibrate.

"And when you get home..." I trailed.

"The fact that you've been cleared for two days, and we haven't taken advantage of it is killing me," he purred.

"Well, our official six month anniversary is Monday," I smiled.

"Yeah, I have a surprise for you," Antonio smirked.

"You said that the other day," I looked away. He pulled my face back, making me look at him.

"I promise! But when you get back, you're all mine, understand? No distractions," he bit my ear, then kissed my neck. I clamped my legs shut, trying to prevent the inevitable.

"Yes sir, no distractions," I giggled.

"I love you."

"I bet I love you more," I challenged. Falling in love with my best friend was the best idea I've ever had.

"Impossible," he leaned down and finally pressed a passionate kiss to my lips. "I gotta go," he whimpered, pulling away.

"Had you been in bed this morning, we could've fixed that little problem," I laughed as I pointed to his pants.

"You out of all people know it's not little," he chuckled and slipped in his truck. "Love you, see you later babe!" He called and pulled away.

I sighed, shaking my head, and walked back to the nursery. Krystal was trying to teach Alex how to walk, and it was hilarious.

"Baby, she's got about five months before she can start to learn to walk," I giggled.

"Awh, I just want her to be able to play outside with me," she frowned.

"I know baby girl, but she'll be able to walk before you know it," I pulled Alex up, and set her on the changing table.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We all laughed as we exited the arcade. Us girls had a blast there, and even won a few prizes. Krystal was walking with Ariel and conversing, which hurt a little bit. She had only talked to me twice today.

"Tiana?" I heard a voice behind me. I swiveled, and saw a guy I used to date back in high school. I had no idea what his name was anymore. He only took me on two dates, and he wasn't much to look at back then, either. But, beauty comes with time I guess.

"Hi," I smiled as everyone continued to trudge to their cars, but Krys and Alex remained with me.

"And you have no clue who I am, do you?" He chuckled, scratching the back of his neck.

"I'm sorry, but I don't," I shook my head.

"No, it's fine! Really. Uhm, I'm Thomas, I think we dated once or twice," he shook my hand. He was about 6'2, blond, good looking. He was almost an exact replica of Warren.

"Oh yes! Well, these are my two daughters, Krystal and Alex," I introduced. Krystal gave him a small wave, and Alex a toothless grin.

"So you're married?" He gave me a pained look.

"Yep, Monday's actually our six month anniversary," I smiled. "Aren't you married?" I gestured toward his wedding band.

"Uhm, no not really. I'm getting divorced," he nodded. I heard a car swerve behind me, and noticed it was Antonio's. He hopped out, and jogged to me.

"What's this?" He looked at me. I told Krystal to go ahead to mom's car, I could tell Antonio was pissed.

"I'm Thomas, we used to date in high school," he shook my husband's hand, and Ant gripped a little hard. I shot him a confused look.

"Yeah, well we're married now, so..." He trailed.

"Sorry for him being rude, I don't know what's wrong. But, I guess I'll see you later, Thomas! Nice seeing you," I smiled, and tugged Antonio away.

"What was that?!" He screamed.

"Oh really? What was that?!" I yelled back in a whisper. "You know what, I can't even deal with you right now. That was beyond rude," I snapped, and walked away.

Our girls' day was fun, yet tiring. In the two hours that I had been home, I ignored Antonio until my four babies were squared away, and ready for bed.

"So you're just gonna ignore me," he scoffed as I walked to the bathroom. If he wanted to act like a child, I would treat him like one.

I turned on the shower, and breathed heavily as the water hit my back. It was an extremely long day, and with Antonio being him, I was pissed.

"Move over," Antonio huffed as he stepped in the shower.

"If I move anywhere, it will be out of this shower," I warned. He stepped in and immediately began touching all over my wet body. I couldn't think straight with his hands roaming my body. "Antonio, stop," I said seriously.

He placed his lips on mine, and I refused to respond. That's once situation I thanked my CIA training for: self control.

"Move off of me," I whined, taking a step back. I cursed this shower for being unnecessarily large.

"Talk to me then," he kissed my lips.

"I'm not talking!" I snapped, and found my way through the steam and to my closet. His hands came around my waist, holding me, and he began to place kisses on my neck.

"You," kiss. "Want," kiss. "It?" He whispered, pulling my hands above my head.

"I want you," I whispered.

"I know you do," he bit my ear.

"No, let me finish. I want you to get away from me," I snapped. He chuckled before dropping my arms. I continued to get dressed, making sure i covered almost every inch of my body as he watched.

"Why are you being like this?" He sighed. I heard the bed squeak from his weight.

"Because you were being incredibly ridiculous, and childish," I nodded, getting in the bed. He climbed in after me, my back facing him.

"You were talking to a guy you used to date!" He screamed, and I jumped up.

"He took me on one date in high school! You weren't even here!" I yelled back.

"Oh, so that made it okay? I saw how he was looking at you!"

"So that made it okay to threaten him?! You were being ridiculous, Antonio, and I have never seen you like that!"

"Because you're mine!"

"Yes, I am married to you, but that does mean that I am your slave," I retorted through a clinched jaw.

He didn't argue back, instead he thought to roll on top of me and hold my hands above my head.

"You belong to me, do you understand?!" He snapped. His eyes got a glossy look, and I could tell he was out of it. I didn't know what was going on, but it scared me.

"Y-yes," I mumbled.

"Your loyalty lies with me. If I die, you better die hard trying to save me," he barked. I cocked my head as he stared at me, but he didn't seem the same.

"Antonio, what are you talking ab-"

"You all are my men, and you obey my orders understand?!"

"Antonio, you're acting weird," I caressed his face. He slapped my hand away.

"Protect your brethren, and they will protect you. Understood?!" He instructed. I didn't know what was going on, so I slipped out from under him, and took off to Matt's house, next door.

"Tiana, it's midnight," he grumbled as Lexi appeared behind him in a robe.

"I know, but Antonio is completely out of it. He keeps talking about how if he died, I better die trying to save him. A- and he's screaming and it's really scary!" I squealed.

"Oh shit," Matt mumbled. He slipped on his shoes, and took off to my house. He came back moments later with all of my children and rushed them in the house.

*~! Matt's POV !~*

I walked in to Tiana and Antonio's room, seeing him holding a gun. He used to have really bad PTSD a few years back, and this was the first time it had resurfaced since he's been with Tiana.

"Antonio," I warned, walking in with my handgun at ease.

"Matt?" He cocked his head, then dropped the gun.

"Yeah man, calm down," I whispered.

"Get in line, Sargent! We may be friends, but in the zone it's different. There is a man with hostages, and we need everyone in their place!" He screeched. He was lieutenant over me back about six years ago.

"Antonio listen, Tiana's scared out of her mind," I inched closer, and kicked the gun away so he couldn't reach it.

"Tiana, oh my god," he came to.

"Yeah man, Tiana, and your kids," I nodded. He ran his hands through his hair.

"Shit, I messed up," he backed into a wall, and slid down it, tears in his eyes. "All she ever wanted from me was love and protection, and I failed her. I let her get hurt so many times by psychotic women, and she depended on me. I can't believe I let her almost lose my two children. She's supposed to look to me for comfort, but no. She ran to that.. That bastard!"

"Antonio, she stopped for two seconds to say hi. You're being absurd," I sat next to him.

"It starts with two seconds, then an hour, then a date, then a weekend, then a lifetime. He's gonna take her away from me, I know he is," he shook his head.

"Antonio, she loves you with all of her heart. She's taken in your brother and sister, and treated them like her own children. She had twins for you, and even got hurt twice just to be with you. She would die if that meant you could be happy," I justified.

"Yeah, and I have yet to show her that I would do the same," he stood and started pacing.

"Listen man, you need to chill out. She's never going to leave you." He slammed his fist in the wall, making it crumble. I held his arms as if I was arresting him.

"Get away from me!" He screamed.

"Antonio..?" I heard her voice behind us. Tiana walked over to us, and looked at him. "Baby, you have to calm down," she called.

"Tiana," he breathed. I let him go, and he pulled her into a hug.

"Babe, you need help," she shook her head.

"I- I know... It just hasn't happened in so long, and I didn't take my meds and- where are the kids?" His ears perked up.

"They're gonna stay at my house tonight... You stay here T, and I'll bring them back tomorrow morning," I nodded and left.

*~! Tiana's POV !~*

I was scared out of my mind as I held Antonio. His sobs made my chest vibrate, so I pulled back the covers and laid with him in my chest.

"It's okay baby. It's not your fault," I cooed, brushing his hair out of his face.

"Do you love me?" He asked. I kissed his lips, and tilted his chin up.

"Of course I love you baby. You're my everything, you know that," I sighed.

"And you won't leave me?"

"Not ever babe. You make me so happy! I love you more than anything," I answered.

"I love you too," he whispered, and kissed my lips.

"But, baby, you need help," I shook my head.

"I know. It just- it hasn't happened in so long! Tiana, I promise, I'll take my medicine everyday from now on," he nodded.

"I know sweetheart. We still have to check it out, okay. Just get some sleep, and we'll go to the doctor the first thing in the morning," I cooed.

"Okay," he pulled me to him. He nuzzled into my chest, and I placed a small kiss on his forehead. "Tiana," he called one last time. I couldn't figure why he kept using my first name, but I wouldn't ask. He didn't need that right now.

"Yes baby?"

"I'm not crazy... I'm- I'm really not. I just love you so much, and I'm glad that you won't give up on me. And after all that I've put you through, I know you won't ever give up on us. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to," he started to cry again.

"Baby, look at me," I tilted his head up. "I know that you are the same Antonio. I know you love me more than I love my own self. I know that you would die trying to protect me and our family. And I know that you are still sane. I just need to figure out what's making this happen. And by all means, I don't love you any less. You saved me from misery, and gave me the best family a girl could ever ask for. You have my heart with you, forever. When I said 'in sickness and in health' I meant it. I'm never going back on my word. We started this together, and we'll continue together. Whether it be my demons or yours we have to fight, we'll fight them together. I love you, way too much, just to give up now. I won't lose you, and I won't lose us," I whispered as a tear rolled down my cheek. Antonio reached up, and wiped it away.

Truly enough, he's helped me with my own demons. My mom, my confidence in our relationship, and whether my pregnancy went correctly. He's my rock, and I would be his for as long as I needed to. He's my best friend before anything else, and right now, he needs me.

A/N: And the next chapter will be the doctors visit. I wanted to keep this chapter as realistic as possible. I have some thinking to do, so I might not update for maybe a week, just to get my thoughts together; plus, I need to set the next 7 chapters up for the sequel. Love you guys!