Chapter 4: Italy?

A/N: I needed an advance, so I'm skipping about 3 months. It's now February. I hope I'm keeping you guys interested! (: please comment!

~CasuallyMe

*!~ Tiana's POV ~!*

I was sitting at my office thinking about Antonio and I. We are doing so good, and getting closer. This relationship was going perfectly, and I couldn't ask for anything better.

"Ms. Smithson, Mr. Garibaldi would like to see you in his office," my other assistant announced. I looked at my watch, it's 7 pm: office closing time. I haven't talked to Warren all day, and now he wants to see me? Despite suspicions, I went ahead and caught the elevator to the 34th floor. I knocked on his office door, and all I could hear was panting. I knocked again, waiting for an answer. I thought maybe he was working out or something because he just installed a tread mill in his office. After the 2nd knock, I just went ahead and entered. I mean, he is my "fiancé", right?

"Oh baby! GO! GO! GO!" I heard Warren say as my mouth fell open.

"YOU'RE CHEATING ON ME?!" I screamed. I was actually more than relieved that he made the first step. He knew I wouldn't tell my father about our break up unless I had a legit reason; cheating is definitely a reason.

"Thanks for doing this, Warren," I sighed as I took a step out of his office. He smiled at me walking out with his clothes back on.

"I knew you wouldn't tell unless it was for a good reason. But I don't think we should say you caught me cheating. What if we say we just don't want the same things? That's not lying. It's just not telling the whole truth. Deal?" He said reaching his hand toward me.

"Hmmm... Deal," I said shaking his hand.

"Alright. I'm gonna go back in my office and finish making love to my girlfriend since we never did it," he said pointing between us and chuckled. I'm glad Warren and I are back to normal. We never wanted to be together until our fathers practically forced us to be.

"And I'm gonna go back to my sexy, hot Italian," I said giggling and kissing him on the cheek.

"What was that for?" He asked a little taken back.

"That's for being my best friend again, and no longer my fiancé. Thanks for playing along though, so our dads won't be pissed. And I know I've said that before, but really, this means so much to me. Glad to have ya back best friend," I replied and skipped out of the office.

!~* Antonio's POV *~!

Tiana walked in the door more happy than usual. I now have a job at a law office, because I already had a degree back in Italy, and I need a CIA cover up.

"Hello love," she said as she walked in and placed a savory kiss on my lips.

"Hey babe. You look so happy! You and Warren didn't have that much work for today?" I asked.

"Actually, I found out he was cheating on me. So we can go public now!" She said smiling at me. I chuckled nervously.

"What's wrong?" She asked sitting on a bar stool by her kitchen island.

"Uhh... I kinda knew..." I trailed off.

"Knew what?" She said confused.

"That he was cheating," I replied honestly.

"And you didn't tell me?! Why?!" She yelled standing up.

"Babe, just listen-" I said as I was cut off.

"No, I'm not listening! Antonio, you don't understand how many times I thought you were gonna leave because I thought that you thought that I was ashamed of you!" She yelled again.

"Wait... What?" I asked confused.

"I used to think that you were gonna leave because you thought I was ashamed of you. And now the opportunity comes where I can show you off to the world, and finally be publicly happy, and you don't tell me?!" She was in my face again. I balled by fist up. I backed her up into a corner and punched the wall beside her face. She flinched and shut up. I guess that's the only way I could get her to listen and be quiet.

"Be quiet!" I boomed. "Baby! I didn't tell you because I actually wanted to fight to get you. Okay? I didn't wanna tell you because I knew you would call off the engagement without thinking twice. I wanted to gain Tiana Smithson back just like I did the first time. Okay? I- I... I love you Tiana. Do you hear me? I. Love. You. Tiana," I said leaning down and looking in her eyes. She froze.

*~! Tiana's POV !~*

He loves me. He really loves me. I was so scared of this happening. Now that he loves me, I have to be the best girlfriend ever. And to be honest, I am terrified of falling in love. I love him, yes I do. But I don't want him to know because if he knows, he might try to use it against me.

"Say something. Please," he pleaded as tears threatened to fall from his eyes. This man just poured his heart out to me, and that's all I've ever wanted. So much has happened in these past 3 months. This was all going so fast. But I love him. And now I know he loves me.

"You promised me," he scoffed and backed away. He grabbed his keys and headed for the door.

"ANTONIO! WAIT!" I called after him stopping him before he reached for the doorknob.

"No Tiana, okay. No I'm not waiting. I've waited for you for 10 years, and quite frankly, I'm getting tired of waiting. You promised me," he said in disbelief as he shook his head.

"Promised you what?" I asked cupping his cheeks. He moved my hands down and away from his face.

"You promised me you wouldn't get scared Tiana. And as much as you don't want to admit it, you're scared. Hell, I'm scared out of my MIND! But that's not stopping me from telling you exactly how I feel. I know you love me. I know you do. I just need to hear it from you," he said backing away.

"Okay... I hate telling you this because I think you're gonna use it against me. But I promised you something, I never break promises. I genuinely love you Antonio Gabriel Marconi," I said grabbing his face and kissing it again.