Chapter 2: Undercover

A/N: Thank y'all for reading! The first chapter was a success! (: please continue to stick with me through this book. Love y'all!

~ CasuallyMe

*~! Tiana's POV !~*

I rolled over in my bed, which I don't remember getting into. I looked at my alarm clock and it ready 9:50. I jumped out of bed because I was already 50 minutes late for work. If the boss is late, then everyone else thinks it's okay to be late. And I can't have that.

"Where ya going baby?" I heard Antonio say as he was leaning in my doorframe. He was standing shirtless with an apron draping over his body.

"Uhh... Work?" I said being distracted by his appearance.

"Why? Today's your day off, remember?" He said bringing a tray to my bed.

"Antonio, you made me breakfast?" I smiled up at him.

"Baby, don't call me Antonio either. Just call me babe or baby or some other pet name, haha. But yes, I made my love breakfast. I hope you enjoy," he said trying to kiss me. I turned away, and couldn't help but laugh at the adorable pout that was displayed on his face.

"What?" He asked leaning in again.

"Baby, I have terrible morning breath. Let me go shower, and I'll eat breakfast with you," I said kissing his forehead then starting to the shower.

When I was dressed and came out of the bathroom, I noticed the food was gone. I sighed and looked down at my dresser. Antonio left a note saying "I'm downstairs. Your food was getting cold." I smiled to myself and thought about how sweet my boyfriend is. I skipped happily down the stairs. For once in my life, I was completely happy. Sure I had money, fame, and even a little power. But Antonio just seems like my final piece to my perfect life.

"There's my engaged girlfriend," Antonio beamed as I reached the bottom of the staircase. I posed for him in my black skinny jeans, and over sized red and brown sweater paired with a black beanie and Oxfords.

"Hey baby!" I said a bit too excitedly and kissed him. I tried to make it a quick kiss, but he deepened it. Finally, I pulled away before things got a bit too hot. He pulled me in his lap as I sat at the dining table.

"This is so good babe! What is it?" I asked looking at his face, he was waiting on my opinion about the food.

"It's an Italian omelet. My mom taught me how to make them when we were dating in case I had to make you one, one day. And here we are, 10 years later and I'm making you one," he said kissing my hair.

"Anyways, I haven't seen your parents yet. Do they still live here?" He asked innocently. He had no clue my mom passed. Tears started streaming down my face.

"What's wrong baby? Talk to me," he said as he cradled me.

"My mom... She- she uhm- she passed..." I trailed off. He kissed my forehead and rubbed my arm. Why couldn't Warren treat me like this? Maybe I would still love him.

"I'm so sorry Tiana, I had no idea. I'm so so so sorry," he said holding me closer.

"No, it's not your fault. I should've told you earlier. It was cancer," I sighed wiping my tears off my face.

"Okay. I'm here if you ever want to talk about it sweetie, okay?" He picked my chin up and placed a kiss on my lips. I have longed for this type of connection with Warren, and it never happened. Sometimes, I would start crying during a meeting thinking about my mom and all he would say was "Come on babe. Pull it together. We need to keep working."