Chapter 30

~Two Days Later~

My doctor gave me some antibiotics so I wouldn't feel too sore. I heard Reagan crying from her room but I didn't feel like getting up. She just ate like 20 minutes ago and I know she crying because she hungry again. So I'll let Christyn or Chris get her.

"Get ya baby." Christyn shouts from her room.

"Nah I'm good you get her. I'm on bed rest so I shouldn't be out of the bed." I shouted back.

"Ooh you gon get it lil girl."

"Thank cuz." I smiled to myself as I turn my tv on. While watching tv Devon called me.

"What's kicking?" I ask as I answer.

"What's kicking? No one says that anymore." He laughed.

"Man what you want light skin." I laughed too. I used to call him light skin back then.

"I heard you was in the hospital."

"Yeah I was. I had a miscarriage but I'm good now." I smiled.

"So you lost your baby." He sounded worried.

"One of em. I now have too of em." He got quiet,I'm assuming he was thinking then spoke.

"That's good. You at home?"

"Yeah why?"

"My mama was trynna have dinner with you and your mama."

"Aww,I miss mama." We used to call each other's mama's our mama.

"Yeah she miss you too. She always talking bout some 'when am I seeing my baby again'." He mocked her snd laughed.

"Don't hate cuz I'm her baby. Ahh you mad." I stuck my tounge out like he could see me.

"Yeah girl what ever. So where we eating at. Cuz me and you both know both of our mom's can throw down in the kitchen."

"Well you know he can cook better than them. Mee!" I shouted through the phone.

"Morgan! Why you hollered on the phone?" He asked.

"Because I wanted to." I said in a duh tone. "But yall can come over to my cousin house cuz I'm on bed rest,but I can still get up to eat. Ya know."

"Yeah. Alright that's fine,what's ya address?" He moved around most likely looking for pen and paper.

~

I gave Devon my address and hung up to call my momz.

"Yes sweetheart?" My mama's voice traveled through the phone.

"Why ya sounding so happy?" I asked.

"I can't be happy,well sorry. Girl stop playing with me. I'm just happy cuz my baby out of the hospital."

"Aw,so sweet of you ma." I cooed.

"Girl,what you called for?"

"Devon and his people wanted to come over to my house for dinner with us."

"You mean Baby D. When yall started talking?" She excitedly asked.

"Yeah I mean Baby D. We started talking again after the family reunion."

"Okay that's nice. Yall getting back on track. So when are we doing this? She asked.

"Tonight so be ready. And sure you can bring Demarcus."

"I am grown and I don't need your permission for him to tag along. Thank ya very much." She calmly said then hung up in my face.

My mama crazy. But back then my mama used to call Devon Baby D. Devon's mama was Liane's God Mama. And my mama is Monique's God Mama. And wayyy back in my mama times Ms.Brown and my mama were bestfriends. They used to call each other sisters like me and Aniyah. Devon is the oldest,then it's his sister she's 19,then it's his brother he's 18. Mary and Julius are the parents.