Chapter 11- Cute animals and "the truth"

°•Megumi P.O.V.•°
  "Look that this bunny, it's so cute!" Renge and I were looking at all of the pets. Renge started fangirling at the fluffy bunnies. I looked over and saw a bird. It reminds me of a GIF I saw that one time with the yellow bird in it. It was so funny and cute! It was a small yellow/orange bird as well, just hopping along in the cage, living life to the fullest.
   I always wanted a pet, but I could never get one because I'm allergic to certain dog breeds and cat breeds. Mostly the cute ones, or the ones that make good house pets. Maybe I could get a bird? It was adorable.
   "Excuse me," I waved the boy at the counted over. He was about 17, had the plain polo uniform, with his red hair barley hidden by the hat he was wearing, and nerdy glasses making his blue eyes pop.
  "Yes?" He smiled. Which must be fake, considering their work can involve stupid customers and how they treat the workers. I can tell he wants to leave.
  "Can I hold the bird?" I asked smiling.
  "Sure," he said, walking back to the counter to get a key. He unlocked the cage, and got the little yellow and orange bird. It was so cute!
  "Put your hand out," he told. I held out my hand, and he put the bird on one of my fingers. I started to pet it, smiling.
   He smiled,"Are you planning on getting a bird?"
   I handed him the bird back gently," Not yet. I'm thinking about it though."
   He put the bird back into the cage, and locked the door," You should get one when you're ready. Birds are good pets." He walked back to stand at the counter while an old lady came into the shop.
  "Renge," I called her over" Should we go?"
  She was petting a bunny," Awwhh! I gueeesss."
  I chuckled," C'mon. We can go eat something too, after we wash our hands, of course."
  She surrendered after a bit of negotiation for about 3 minutes, and said",I know a good coffee shop! I know how much you love coffee Megumi!"
    "I do love my coffee, but don't you think it's closed, it's," I checked the time," 10:53. Would we annoy them?"
   Renge laughed, while I was confused. I saw earlier that the coffee shop Kane and I went to closed at 10 p.m., and it's almost an hour over that.
   "There was a new coffee shop/ dinner that is open at night instead of the day. It's mostly for passers or student who are up all night and need a refresher before school starts. That's why it's open all night and part of the morning." She smiled.
   "Okay, what ever you say," I laughed. She took out her phone," It's farther away, so I'm going to call a driver to pick us up."
  As she called, I decided to message Kane and tell him that I got a new phone. I entered his number, and messaged a simple "hey". I waited, and soon enough, a ding was heard. Kane replied.
   You: Hey.
                                                                                    Kane: Sup.
You: Hanging out with a friend.
                                                Kane: Cool. Who? I                                                                  thought you had no  friends    
                                                other than me. :(
You: Lol, well I'll just go then.
                                               Kane: Well then, you're rude.
You: You're the one who said I had no friends, you're rude!
                                              Kane: Um, I said I was your
                                                friend. Thanks for making
                                                me feel useless:(
  After more talking with Kane,  I waited.  I noticed another shuffle at a bush near us. Is a creep spying on us?
  Maybe it was a bird or something.... Better be.
  She got off the phone, and smiled at me. I smiled back.
  "I knew you were coming to Japan, but where are you staying? And also, why are you here, let alone going to Ouran and hanging out with the Host Club."
  I decided to tell the truth to her. Hopefully I can get her to let me stay. "The Ootori household" isn't the best place, especially with the potential arranged dating. 
  "I'll explain more in the car." I didn't want anyone to hear, just because someone could be watching us right now.
"Okay," she whistled and talked about cosplay until the car showed up.
To my surprise, it was actually a car. Not a limo, mini limo, stretch limo. An actual car. We got in to find the drover with headphones on. He was humming along with whatever song, as Renge kept saying "Driver"multiple times. I taped the guys shoulder, and he turned and apologized.
She told him the address, he put on his headphones, and we drove off with him humming.
Renge smiled," Now, I wanna kn-"
  "The 'twins' are actually triplets." I confessed with a sigh.
"WHAT?!"