Chapter 8

Sarah's P.O.V.

Both of them looked at me suspiciously and surprised at the same time. They didn't expect what I said and I think I have the right to do this because I'm the wife, not her. Not that I'm nosy and all but I just want to know Cedrick more and by this, I need to know his past so that we can manage to live in harmony which is hardly beyond reality.

I can't deny that this girl is really more suitable to be a princess than me. She has brown hair which was curled elegantly and her eyebrows were plucked neatly. She has brown eyes and she wore less make up which made her look fresh and young.

I saw in her eyes that she was quite uncomfortable with the situation we were in right now. Cedrick was also worried with what I might do to Roxanne and I felt that he was already thinking that I'm a bitch or something but like I said, I just want to know them more.

"So, I guess it's not the first time we met because I always see you in the corridors and we share some classes also." I took the initiative to start the conversation because from what I saw, both of them won't do it theirselves. Roxanne relaxed and she gave another friendly smile.

"Really? I didn't know that and I'm sorry if I didn't recognize you before." I didn't know if I should be offended but it was not her fault that I'm really unrecognizable.

"No, it's fine but I'm really glad that we finally talked. I heard from Cedrick that you're kind and sweet which was really true. Right Cedrick?" I nudged him on the elbow. I didn't know what came to me that I wanted him to feel embarrassed in front of her but I just wanted to do so.

"Right..." He reassured her bluntly. I saw her blushed and she began playing the rocks on the ground with her foot.

"You really didn't change. You're still the old corny person that I came to -" She told Cedrick while she looked like an awestruck teenager that was lost in her trance. She didn't continue to finish her statement because she remembered that I was there but all of us knew what she meant.

"It's okay" I lied but she believed in me. "I know that you still love him and Cedrick also felt the same for you. He even kept the anniversary letter that you gave him.

"I guess I should leave already to keep you two lovebirds some privacy." I gave them one last smile then I left afterwards not waiting for their response. It was hard for me to say that but I think it was needed because it was the truth. I can't make Cedrick forget her for my own good and I also didn't want to do that because it was selfish and will make him hate me. I just need to compromise with this situation were into and keep all the jealousy and pain to myself.

I'm falling for him already and I can't deny it to myself anymore. All these emotions that I felt at the moment and whenever Cedrick reveals unintentionally his true feelings were caused by one deadly and indescribable emotion; admiration.

I know that it was too fast but I already like this guy who became my source of strength even though he also became my personal bully and mood wrecker. I know that he is a despicable person but it was hard for me to hate him because I know that he was just experiencing sadness and hardship caused by the circumstances he'd been through. All I need to do is to let him feel happiness with Roxanne because I know that I can't give it to him due to a certain reason; I'm the cause of his pain.

I ran towards the hallway which was empty at the moment. I hid behind the lockers then I sat on the ground. I tucked my head on my knees then I cried. I can't prevent myself from spilling them out because they were already kept for a very long time.

I continued to do this until I saw a pair of brown leather shoes in front of me. I looked up and I saw Cedrick standing, his arms were crossed in front of his chest and he looked at me disappointedly.