Chapter 19

Sarah's P.O.V.

Three things were braking my heart at this very moment; anger, betrayal, and disappointment.

It was the first time I felt all these emotions combining together and hurting me all at once. It was very painful as if I was being stabbed right through the center of my heart but dying would never result from it. Instead, I would still live my life, wounded and destroyed. It was so much worse.

I asked my parents to visit and pick me up from this depressing shambling. It was a good thing that they didn't have any work at this time of the week or else I would be stuck in here until I would be able to walk properly.

I was sitting right now in the balcony, unable to move any further. My ankle swelled up a bit but I guessed it was better now than yesterday.

I observed the entirety of the palace grounds from up here and it was very beautiful. The lawn was as green as emerald stones that glistened in the ray of afternoon sun. The floral beds were embedded with roses, tulips, and other kinds of flowers that were a shade of a rainbow. Everything was magnificent. Everything represented happiness, the opposite of what I was feeling at the moment.

I heard the door from my room opened and I exactly knew who was the cause of that. I didn't turn to check what was it about because from the moment I saw the photo of him kissing Roxanne, I forced myself to stop caring about him any further. Whether he loved her or not, it wasn't my problem anymore. It was theirs.

The serenity I was feeling moments ago was further disrupted when his footsteps began making their way towards me but then they stopped on their tracks for a second or so. Afterwards, they resumed their movement but towards the opposite direction.

A part of me was thankful but I wouldn't deny that a portion of me was hoping for him to approach me. What I felt was really complicated. How I wished that it was not.

I finally understood why he was being kind to me these past few days. It was all because of pity and guilt.

I rather preferred him being cold and arrogant than the other way around for it meant that he wasn't acting in front of me out of charity only. He was being himself and that would mean so much. It would only show that he trusted me but that, if not seldom, never happened.

"Your highness, the king and queen want to have a moment with you." Ms. Lisa said, interrupting my thoughts. I give out a small smile, complying with the request.

She handed me a pair of crutches before I stood up and walked inside the palace. She stayed at my side, together with Kara, one of my female bodyguards and helper as well, to assist me as we went down the stairs.

We passed through the halls which was eerie this time. Every step we took echoed through the silence and it made me unusually nervous but I tried to ignore it anyway.

As we reached the queen's office, something was finally heard but it wasn't able to make my anxiety disappear. As a matter of fact, it even heightened it.

Ms. Lisa knocked on the door then she waited for someone to let us in. Afterwards, a female voice, which obviously belonged to the queen, gave us the permission to do so.

We got in and I noticed all of the members of the royal family, except the great queen, that resided in this mansion were present. It was certain that this meeting was about a very important matter.

Ms. Lisa and Kara accompanied me to the couch opposite Cedrick's then they left without further ado. The queen was standing beside the king who was seated on his office chair, behind a wooden desk. They both wore serious expressions that would make kids run away and cry in horror. Actually, I was near to that.