Chapter 27

Cedrick's P.O.V.

Twinkle, twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are?

There was an infinite number of stars in the universe. They varied in size, shape, and even temperature.

Stars were scattered in the vacuum of space, some were near to Earth while the rest were zillions of lightyears away from it.

During the night, people could notice some of them, scattered across the dark evening sky - the window of Earth to the outer space.

Why was I being very obsessed with stars right now? Simple; they penetrated my sight. I felt like a cartoon character in some weird tv show.

As soon as I landed on the hard yet a bit wet grassy land, I felt like I lost all of my senses for a millisecond. It seemed that I blacked out for a short while.

It was then followed by a terrible headache. My head was throbbing with so much pain that I barely felt the impact of my fall on my back and other affected areas. It felt like the insides of my head were exploding and crumbling into hundreds of small fragments. Nothing could feel worse than that.

As soon as I regained my vision, it wasn't completely true that I witnessed stars but what I saw were things similar and identical to that of a star. My sight was blurry but I could see some pigments of light forming in some sort of darkness, imitating a constellation of stars in the night sky.

These luminous spheres then began to combine and imitate figures that resemble the shape of a human body. They were glowing against the seemingly black background that registred in my eyes but not a moment after that, they started to have some colors that made them more distinct. I could finally see my surroundings.

There was a team of paramedics approaching me. I was quite relieved that they were fast to respond right now. I wouldn't know what to do if they didn't for it seemed that nothing was left with my brain after having that seemingly massive explosion inside of my head.

I rolled to my side, not realizing that it was the worst thing to do. Now, not only did my stupid head hurt but also my back. It felt like I just tore it apart.

I grumbled in pain. I didn't move a limb especially that it might turn out to be another wrong move again. I'd been through enough pain for today.

"How are you, your highness." A paramedic, whom I hadn't noticed until now, asked.

The question she threw at me seemed easy to be answered but it wasn't the case for me. I just stared at her, as if I was in daze.

"Are you alright?" She repeated.

"What?" I slurred. I didn't know why but I couldn't give her a sensible answer. I was very confused right now that it felt like my brain was literally malfunctioning. Even my way of speaking was affected.

"You're not fine, your highness. It seemed that you have a minor concussion based on the paleness of your skin and how you responded to me." She explained, answering her own inquiry. That explained everything.

She took out a tablet from her medicine kit and held it out to me. I took it from her and eyed it suspiciously.

"Is this safe?" I uttered. She chuckled at my question.

"Of course, your highness! Why would I give you something that might put your safety at risk?" She asked rhetorically.

I considered her explanation and trusted her.

"I assume that you're having a headache right now." She said. "Would you be able to sit up."

After comprehending and understanding what she told me, I did my best to sit up. An unexplainable painful sensation shot through my limbs making me wince in pain. It was really terrible.