Chapter 3

Sarah's P.O.V.

"Good morning everyone! What's for breakfast?" I greeted my parents as I went down the stairs.

A week had already passed since my encounter with the great queen. We finally got our house and all our things back because like what she had promised, she really had paid for all of our debts. As a result, I needed to tell my parents where and how did I get a large amount of money.

At first, they thought that I was only kidding but when I showed them a picture of grandpa and the late king, they finally believed me. That was the reason why they annoyed me all the time with their nonsensical questions like 'What does the palace looked like?', 'Did something happened between Cedrick and I?', and other things that could be answered with a glare or a scowl but I couldn't actually blame them for that. If I was in their position then I would also do the same. Curiosity could really make someone look foolish.

"Hi sweetie, you look so happy today. What happened? Will the prince pick you up for school?" My mom asked as she place the platter, filled with eggs and bacons, on the table.

"No, I'm just excited for breakfast because honestly, I'm really starving." I rushed to the table to have my sumptuous meal. I placed some waffles, eggs, and bacons on my plate. I grabbed the pitcher and poured some orange juice in my glass. I began to eat like a bear until my mom interrupted me.

"Hey Sarah, can you eat like a fine lady? People might think that you're not fit to be a princess." She pulled the plate away from me.

"So? I don't care, mom. I, myself, don't want to be a princess so please give back my food." I begged but my mom didn't return my food.

"Cynthia, let you're daughter eat because I'm sure she'll never have a chance to eat like that when she's already in the palace." I smiled at my dad for saving me from my mom. She obeyed my dad then I continued to eat. After having my breakfast, I went upstairs to prepare for school.

I took a bath then I wore my uniform. I brushed my hair then I applied some mascara and lipgloss. I grabbed my things as I exited my room.

My mom handed me my lunch box and kissed me on the cheek. I walked toward the door and when I opened it, I was welcomed by a bunch of reporters and cameras went flashing around me. I was also bombarded with their questions about how, why, when did I became the future crown princess of Monte Carolina. I immediately closed the door, not knowing what to do.

"Mom, dad, there are so many people outside and I don't know how to escape from them." I told them. My mom's mouth suddenly agape while her index finger was pointing upward as if a light bulb appeared out of nowhere.

"I have an idea. Just use the back door so that no one will follow you." Even if it was not the greatest plan she could come up with, I just did what she had said so that I can leave already.

Luckily, my mom's instincts were right and no one was waiting for me at our backyard that was why I managed to escape but my forgetful self made them find me. I forgot that I shouldn't use the main road because the reporters would see me but due to my carelessness, I went there and boom, they found me.

I ran fast and suddenly, someone placed his hand on my mouth and pulled me into the narrow alley. He pinned me on the wall then he covered me with his body. I couldn't see him because it was dark and he was also wearing a black hoodie.

I saw the reporters running straight which means they had lost me; suckers! The guy finally let go of me and he pulled down his hood. I looked at him shocked.

"You? But how?" I questioned.

"Your mom called me, that's why." He explained.

"But how did she know your number and how did you escape from your bodyguards? Isn't it that the security of the palace is inevitable?" I asked him again. He looked at me irritated and annoyed.