Chapter 5

Our wedding will be held today and until now, Cedrick and I were not yet talking to each other. I was still having second thoughts about this, whether I should go or not, but I didn't want to put unto waste the efforts of the people around me so I need to pursue the marriage.

The palace invited the best fashion designers and make - up artists around the world to prepare me for the wedding ceremony. They made me wear a simple white gown which was made of smooth silk and was also covered with small diamonds on the upper part of the garment. They partnered it with a white stiletto shoes which was about five inches tall. They also styled my hair into an elegant bun and they placed a small silver tiara above my head.

The make - up artists applied some make - up on my face to give life and color to my pale complexion. They completed my outfit by asking me to wear a pair of diamond earrings and a necklace with a small diamond pendant.

They carefully placed the veil on my head and they attached the train at my gown. Afterwards, they asked me to ride on the limousine because the wedding will start in an hour.

After thirty minutes, we finally arrived at the basilica. I saw many reporters outside and the supporters of the royal family were also waiting there. They were blocked by a barricade of bodyguards from the palace.

I waited for awhile inside the vehicle but when my driver received a call from Mr. Sanders, he finally opened the car door for me. Cameras went flashing by while Ms. Lisa handed me a bouquet of fresh red roses.

The entrance of the basilica was still closed. My mom and dad walked towards me to accompany me as I walk down the aisle. They kissed me and tears began to fall from my eyes but mom wiped them immediately before they ruin my make - up.

After a couple of minutes, the palace guards finally opened the doors. I began to walk slowly towards Cedrick who smiled like an angel due to the countless people in front of him which by the way came from rich families and some of them were presidents and others were important officials from other countries; what a pretentious bastard!

I was also impressed on how they decorated the place. The color that they used for the decors were red and white only. Different kinds of flowers which were exempted from the color scheme were placed properly and elegantly everywhere. The aisle was covered with a long carpet with scattered rose petals on it. Cloths were also pinned on each pew.

When I reached the altar, my dad shook hands with Cedrick and I hugged my parents for the last time before I get married. We faced the priest who was now preaching the good news of the Lord and saying some words of wisdom.

When the ceremony was about to end, we said our vows then we finally reached the 'I do's' part.

"Will you take Cedrick Joseph Sullivan III as your lawfully wedded husband?" The priest asked. I wanted to say 'I don't' but I can't because it will be a disgrace not only to myself but to my entire family.

"I do." I answered. Cedrick was asked the same question and he also gave the same answer. We placed the rings on each other's finger then the priest announced the six words that I didn't want to hear.

"You may now kiss the bride." Cedrick removed the veil from my face then I grimaced at him. He gave me an obvious fake smile then he held my cheek. He leaned towards me and I closed my eyes because I didn't want to see the things that will happen next. After a few seconds, I felt his warm and soft lips touched mine. I kissed him back to make the scene more truthful and convincing then we let go of each other afterwards. The guests stood up and gave us a round of applause

We smiled in front of the camera then we walked down the aisle heading toward the doors. When we exited, we were welcomed with cheers and screams from the people around. I reddened when I noticed a large projection screen outside the basilica which means that they saw everything that happened inside.