Chapter 18

Sarah's P.O.V.

"What the hell, Cedrick! What's this for? Is this even for real?" I asked, referring to a wheelchair which he brought in my room earlier this morning. I was astonished when I saw it as I opened my eyes. I thought that my dream about losing both of my legs was true. To my relief, it wasn't.

"No, it's only a figment of your your imagination." He answered seriously. I looked at him with bemusement and he began chuckling amusedly. He didn't make any sense at all. "Of course it's real, stupid. I thought that you can use it especially that you sprained your ankle."

I grimaced at him and sent him a disappointed look. I didn't know if he really wanted to help me or the other way around. What he liked to make me do would only make me look foolish.

"It already came from you, Cedrick. I only sprained my ankle, not lost nor broke it." I clarified. He seemed to not care at all especially that all he did was to stare at the transportation device with awe and proudness. What a weird man!

"Nah, you still ride it. It's fun, I swear. I tried it a while ago and it never failed to amaze me." He replied determinedly. I shook my head in dismay. He just proved to me that something wrong was going on his head. I was pretty sure that he would need to seek medical attention anytime soon.

"No thanks, I'm good." I said as I hopped out of my room. I couldn't step my other foot on the floor yet because it was still sore. I hoped that it would soon get better so that I could already proceed to my regular routines with ease and comfort. It was very hard to be temporarily disabled.

"Fine, then you'll regret refusing my offer. The wondrous ride, the enchanting wheels, all of that you will miss just because of your undeniable pride and-" I cut him off before he could irritate me with his insignificant words of encouragement. Actually, I only got more determined to not obey him but because of his, undoubtedly, annoying persuasions, I decided to just make him win even just for now.

I sat on the wheelchair and that enforced his infamous smirk to reappear on his maddening but beautiful face. He pushed me around the living room with a certain amount of speed that could brake traffic rules.

I screamed in fear and excitement. I could feel my heart beating really fast due to adrenaline rush. I didn't lose my foot yesterday but maybe, I would lose my heart now instead.

"Hey stop it, we might destroy the fixtures." I reprimanded. We halted into a stop which made me lean forward, abruptly. That boy would surely kill me.

"Oh, I need to go now. I'm running late for school." He said as he glanced at his watch.

"Wait for me, I'll just get dressed." He stared at me with confusion but was then replaced with realization. He smirked at me then shook his head afterwards.

"There's no need for that. You couldn't walk properly and I wouldn't sacrifice my time and effort just to help you out. Just stay here and avoid causing any more troubles." He dismissed my further disputes by leaving the area. I scoffed at his action but a small smile crept out of my face. I knew that he only did it because he wanted me to rest and that was good enough.

I was about to get inside my room but I heard some creaking noises coming from the staircase. I looked at its direction and I was surprised at the unexpected visitor that I had.

"It's very nice to see you here, your highness." I greeted the queen. She nodded in response then she glanced at the couch beside me. I moved away from it and I offered her to sit then I sat on the settee next to her. Maybe, this was the etiquette test that I was waiting for. One would never know.

"How's your injury? Are you doing well?" She inquired.

"It's still a bit painful but it is manageable. Thank you for asking, your highness." I replied.