Chapter 13

Sarah's P.O.V.

"Where are we going?" I asked as Richard pulled me into the elevator. Water was still dripping from my wet hair because I didn't have enough time to dry it. "Seriously, what is your problem?" I said frustratingly. He just grinned mischievously at me and I rolled my eyes in dismay.

As soon as we reached the ground floor, he led me out and we walked briskly out of the hotel. I had a hard time keeping up with his pace for he was really fast. I stayed silent for a while not because I gave up but for having terrible breathing problems at the moment.

We stopped for a while then he grabbed a red handkerchief from his pocket. The glint of evil in his eyes was back and it made me nervous.

"Could you turn around, please?" He pleaded. I shook my head then he looked at me with those pitiful eyes of his. I tried my best to resist from agreeing but I couldn't and instead, I obeyed him. He suddenly blindfolded me and all I could see was darkness. "Don't worry, everything would be fine. Trust me." I smiled at his reassurance then he began to guide me in every step we took. He assisted me to climb a thing which I thought was a golf cart then after a minute, we began moving.

The drive was smooth at first but the road became bumpy which made me tightened my grip on the leather seat of the vehicle. I could feel the cold breeze tickling my skin and I could smell something fishy, literally.

We stopped moving then I heard some footsteps nearing me. A pair of hands suddenly held me then he helped me in going down. As soon as my feet landed the ground, grains of sand entered my shoes. Richard removed the blindfold from my head and I was awestruck by the breathtaking sight in front of me.

The ocean was vast and the water was clear but it reflected the sky above which made it slightly blue also. The white sand was very fine and some hermit crabs were crawling on it. The seagulls around flapped their wings continuously and it was harmonic to the sound of the waves. Everything was plainly music to my ears and beautiful to my eyes.

I glanced at Richard and he was smiling brightly at me. I hugged him and I felt his body tensed under my touch. I, myself, was surprised with my reaction so I immediately pulled away from him but a smile was still plastered on my face.

"This is beautiful, thank you." I neared the ocean until the water finally touched my feet. Richard followed and he was standing next to me.

"No problem, I just thought that it would be nice if I showed you something as nice as this on your first field trip. I couldn't wait for the others so I went here with you. I think they're still wasting their time lying and sleeping even though it's already nine in the morning." He stated nonchalantly. "Oh, I also brought our canvases and painting materials. I guess, this would be the best scenery around so do you want to paint now?" I nodded in reply then he went to the golf cart to grab our stuffs.

He placed everything on the sandy ground as he searched for the best angle. I did the same and when I already found it, I set up everything I needed.

I chose to paint the ocean which was a bit cliched but I thought it was the best in this place, like what Richard had said. I picked some paint tubes and a palate from the ground then I squeezed some paint on it. I mixed the colors then I skillfully and artistically applied those on the canvas.

After an hour or more, I was finally done with my painting. It was an image of the ocean which was surrounded with some white sand. I also included the sky which was filled with hundreds of puffy clouds and some seagulls.

I looked at Richard and he was finished with his masterpiece as well. I approached him and I looked at his work. It was a picture of a seagull, eating a helpless fish.