Chapter 1

(TRAILER IS FOUND ON THE SIDE ➡)

Sarah's P.O.V.

"Mom! Where did you keep my paintbrushes?" I asked as I searched the entire room, my almost empty bedroom, for them.

"Have you checked your drawers?" She inquired.

Of course I hadn't for they weren't here already. I could only find them either under my bed or inside the built - in closet but they weren't there as well.

"Nope, I haven't 'cause they were taken by the bank, remember?" I grumbled.

"Oh, I'm sorry honey. I'll just buy you a new one later when I go out." She suggested.

Ugh, it was getting irritating! Even my paintbrushes were taken away? How unfair was that?

Before all of this had happened, everything was fine.

I was just a simple girl who once had a normal life with my family. We were not rich nor poor, just average citizens, but there was a point in our life (specifically, now) that we experienced some financial problems.

My parents were in debt and they didn't even bother to tell me that. I only found it out when I saw some guys in black suits entered our house to confiscate our things; including the old sewing machine that my parents gave me a few years ago.

I wondered if they still benefited from that thing?

We were left with nothing. Our house was so bare and not to mention, very spacious that I could fill it with twenty people yet we could still move freely without kissing the butts of one another.

Thankfully, they didn't take my clothes because if they did, I would be insane already. I didn't want to go around naked! Well, it would soon happen if I still wouldn't find a way to pay off my parents' debts and from what I could see, it would surely take a while.

I bid my parents goodbye as I went out of the house for school (without my paintbrushes, of course, which I would surely need later).

It was another sunny monday morning and the weather was plain great. The entire neighborhood was peaceful and only a few people were around for it was still early.

I walked down the familiar road, heading to Mayfield Preparatory, a school for the rich and famous.

You might be wondering how did I afford to attend in that school but I was actually a scholar. I wasn't really that smart but they accepted me because of my artistic skills.

Sewing and designing were my greatest passions in life. I always wanted to become a fashion designer that was why I kept on doing my best to achieve this goal of mine. Mayfield would be the key to my dreams. This school would assure me of a bright tomorrow and will surely guarantee my success.

As I walked through the hallway, many students were gathering together as they talked about their families' businesses, latest fashion trends, and the death of the king which happened to be the grandfather of Cedrick Joseph Sullivan III, the prince of a small European country called Monte Carolina. He was also the arrogant player of our school.

Yes, you heard me right. The prince was actually my schoolmate and I honestly liked him, back in my freshman days because I thought that he was sweet, kind, and of course handsome but his true colors were revealed as time passed by. He was actually a demon inside of a prince's body. He played with the emotions of the girls in our school but they still found him adorable. How stupid.

I heard from a friend of mine, who also adored him so much, that he actually had a girlfriend that he really loved. She said that his man whoring ways was just a scheme to avoid the paparazzi following them, especially the girl, but I doubted that. Maybe he really meant it and he only used his girlfriend as an excuse.