Chapter 22

Sarah's P.O.V.

I trotted through the hallway as soon as I got to school on a freakishly cold Monday morning. I wasn't running late or anything but I just wanted to avoid crashing into the last person I liked to see.

I'd even gotten up pretty early a while ago just to miss riding to school with Cedrick. It actually confused me why he had to join me in the car if he had one of his own. Besides, he was even driving himself to school before all of this had happened.

On the other note, I was devastated as well by the fact that my weekend passed by faster than it should have. I hadn't even done anything productive during those days. I only sulked in my room, thinking about anything that was within my grasp.

I shrugged off any idea of my miserable weekend as soon as I saw my locker. I quickly fiddled with the lock and abruptly got my things. I was too paranoid about accidentally meeting Cedrick to even have the chance to think clearly.

I walked fast to my classroom and hid myself inside. I didn't want to encounter anyone specifically him.

I was actually having a hard time thinking about the best possible reason on why I was acting like this. There were tons such as hate, disgust, and irritation which were all similar in one way or another but I knew that there was something more to that. I guess I should just dig a little deeper.

I couldn't also avoid to reflect about the words that made me feel troubled over these past two days. Worst, he was the one who let those escape his foul mouth.

I thought you'd never talk to me again? I guess you don't have the guts to stay away from me.

I suddenly shuddered as soon as my mind replayed that moment all over again. I knew that he only meant those words as a joke and I was already used to him doing that but this time, I felt really affected by it. I didn't even know how to act normally anymore.

I would be insane. Like totally insane.

I slammed my head onto my desk after I felt mentally tired. I should've skipped school today and just remained in my bed. It would be better, way better to be precise.

The door suddenly swung open so I fearfully looked up. I sighed in relief as I saw a couple of normal people walked in, at least I was saved for now.

I rested my head back on the table and stared at the window next to me. The sun was piercing through the sky which was undoubtedly bright today. It was a shade of blue just like those mesmerizing eyes of his.

Gosh. What's wrong with me? I mentally exclaimed.

I glanced in front of me to see the two talking to each other. I wasn't interested to listen to their conversation but I accidentally overheard a portion of it.

"You're such a klutz! Don't you even know how to take care of yourself?" The boy said in a mocking tone.

I instantly raised my head to see what happened and I saw the girl sitting on the floor. It seemed that she fell off her chair.

As if on cue, A fragment of my Saturday morning occurred back to me. It was the time when Cedrick uttered those same words to me after I slipped on the ground.

What the hell was happening? I couldn't even tell if I was only dreaming or not. The events today were turning me into a complete fool. Everything was like a deja vu.

I ruffled my hair as I glowered miserably, earning some suspicious and disturbed looks from my lovely companions. Now, I didn't only look like a dimwit to myself but to others as well. I was definitely pathetic.