chapter 1: The Deal

Hinata's POV

I was folding clothes when I heard a sudden burst on my door.

It was my cousin, neji.

The sudden burst of sound caught me off guard and made me flinch. But what made me more shocked is the sight in front of me.

He look so drained and has blood on his clothes.

What happened to him?

With his byakugan also activated, this just means he got into a fight not too long ago.

"Neji-nii-san why-" before I could finish he cut me off. He ran quickly to me and held my wrist.

"Hinata come with me! Hurry !" He said while panting.

My whole attention is in him. His voice is weak, he's holding his left arm preventing the blood that is already dripping on the floor.

I looked into his wound and judging by the amount of blood flowing on his forearm, it's pretty deep. What just happened to him?

I was so shocked and don't know what to say because of his sudden outburst. Confusion is what dawned to me. Who would have done such horrible thing to him.

"W-what ? Why, why do we need to leave neji-san?" I asked still looking at him. He didn't answer me instead I felt his hand gripping my wrist tightly.
The next thing I knew, I was outside our house. But as soon as my eyes landed outside I wasn't anymore sure if I were at my house a few moments ago.

He forced me to walk and head outside our house. Despite of confusion I still let myself trust Neji. I just let my body be dragged by him. I knew him since we were little. He hated me, but now is different. I'm proud to say that Naruto changed him. I'm sure he wouldn't risk my safety. I followed my instinct and stayed quiet knowing that it is the best thing I can do, to make myself calm even though questions are running through my mind.

I was distracted by my thoughts when I heard Neji's voice.

"Remember the safe place we talked about?" I was still comprehending what he had asked. When he noticed I wasn't responsive as of the moment he continued talking.

"We have to go there as fast as we could ..." I remember the safe place he was talking about but I don't know why should we go there especially with the sight in the surrounding.

Just when I was about to ask him, he spoke which made my head burst in turmoil of thoughts and fear.

"No, if something happens, maybe you have to go there alone." he said while he quickened our pace. I couldn't answer him, I just gasped.

Neji didn't even mind explaining what is happening around us. My eyes involuntarily looked at the surroundings which was later I regret, it was demising to look at.

Some of the houses are on fire, some are broken into pieces, even the people are in chaos. They are panicking and running without directions. Where are the guards and why aren't they evacuating the people!

There's no one here to help them!
Wait, I'm a ninja too. I can help them, we can help them.

"Neji-san! we have to help them!" I said as I tried to withdraw my hand from neji's grip. But it is too tight, it's like he's determined to never let go of me. He even exerted more pressure which is by the moment, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to escape his grip.