Chapter 12: "Ocean Waves"

Your POV

I sat in the middle of a large bench, covered in sand and completely annoyed at the situation I was in.

What exactly did I get myself into this time?

Zane and I agreed to be lifeguards for the day. This included watching every single detail from a terribly high chair, getting covered in sand, and wanting to crush every kid you see with your bare hands

Why?

Because they ruin everything.

Zane has been chasing this little boy around for about half an hour. His breath shortened and swearing so often, it was like I was watching a Gordon Ramsey show.

Except no cooking, only running.

Maybe the Olympics if they allowed the people who did gymnastics speak.

They probably swear.

Where am I going with this?!

The little boy had kicked a sandcastle over in front of another kid, causing that kid to get sand in their eyes, and now Zane is chasing the kid to send him to the pool jail.

But now the kid is chasing Zane.

What a wicked turn of events.

I finally got off the bench, grabbing Zane's shirt and pulling him by it. I also caught hold of the kid, delivering him to his mother and offering a solid talking too.

Zane sat in the sand scowling for decades before even looking at me.

"It's your fault."
"Hey! That kid was annoying and you know it!"
"You didn't have to chase him all over the beach. You're gonna get us fired."
"Good. Maybe I can take off this stupid red shirt."
"Zane.."

I sighed, sitting back on the sand and tossing some over my knee. I had to wear a red shirt adorned with a white cross over it. I felt like I was Swiss, I sure had their flag.

"Look. One day. For Jenna."
"Stop bringing me into your friendships."
"But Zaaaneee.."
"What?"
"I can't do this kind of stuff alone. Aren't we partners?"

At this he fell back on the sand, digging his fingers into it and covering his eyes from the blazing sun.

"At this rate I'll die of heat stroke before I'm 25."

He mumbled, pulling himself up and helping me to my feet.

"When will this be over?"
"When the horn sounds showing the end of our shift."
"When's that?"
"Right about-"

A loud trumpet noise flee through the area, causing me to jump.

"Now."

~~~~~~~~~~

Zane decided to take me by the cafe, ordering an iced tea with vanilla cupcakes for both of us. I settled on a (drink) and sat at a table to await the order.

The waiter was incredibly sucky.

I mean, how does one suck THAT badly??

First, he spills the drinks over ME. Then apologized and gets new ones, WHICH HE SPILLED AGAIN HOLY FUCK IM DONE.

I ended up covered in (drink) rather than actually drinking it. Zane laughed all he wanted until the waiter tripped and spilled his ice tea on his pants, causing him to actually take off into the air like a rocket.

"Stop watching Pokemon!"

I shouted into the air as he came plummeting down with an enraged expression.

This proceeded with us getting free lunch and me holding Zane back before he actually murdered the waiter, who just shrugged and got us our food.

We made sure to take it before he tripped on the "invisible barrier" we seemed to never see.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the house, Zane was mulling over the cake we stole the previous week and how it still existed.

And more importantly, how much we actually stole.

It took up the entire freezer, and then some of the refrigerator in order to thaw it out to eat.

"Why did I let you do this?"

He asked the ceiling, falling back and slamming his entire body into the carpet flooring.

"Because you love me, and you know I love cake."
"I'm going to end you."
"You wish you could."

I laughed profoundly, holding a piece of said cake and eating it with a fork. After getting my favorite jeans all soggy, I figured I needed a pick me up.

"You're going to get diabetes."
"And you're going to get a fistful of pain if you don't stop hating my cake."
"Please don't play that game."
"Let's have a cringe war."
"I hate that word Y/n"

Another laugh from me.

"Cringe, cringe cringe cringe!"
"STOP!"

He covered his ears, I continued to snicker, bending down to his level and resting my hand on his chest.

"You feel closer to hell?"
"I've met Satan."
"And how is he?"
"He wants you to come back home."
"Sorry dad, I can't."

I shouted into the ground, finishing my cake and joining Zane as he gazed into the infinite abyss above us.

"Why do we exist?"

Zane asked, I smacked him in the thigh.

"Don't do this to me."
"I'm serous. Is this all a dream? Some crazy scheme created by a stupid author who only lives to see us together in some kind of-"
"Stop right there. The fourth wall can only get so broken."
"What?"

He had no idea what I was talking about, but didn't continue his conversation and stood up.

"There's a pool on your roof."
"Yea so?"
"You wanna go in it?"
"I guess."

I rolled up, walking up the stairs and onto the deck on our top floor. A large pool full of random noodles and beach balls that I had purchased earlier were strewn across the area.

"You don't clean very often, do you?"
"I'm not used to having a big house you dope. Let's just throw it around."

I said, tossing him a beach ball and jumping into the pool. He rebounded off the terrace and into the neighbors pool.

"You suck. Try again."

I tossed him another one, he rebounded again into the neighbors yard.

"Stop sucking."
"It's cause you suck."
"Stop being a sucker and get the ball from the neighbors."
"Fine."

He left the roof, leaving me to sit and stare into the waters of the pool.

What if this all was just a simulation? A dream?

It's the best dream I've ever had.

-------------

Admin time!!

Keep in mind that I make myself a word limit of 1,000 words, which means it has to be more than 1,000 words otherwise it's not a full chapter so I don't publish it.

And I'm writing this late at night with no will to write.

So if this chapter is jumbled, I'm sorry. It's not one of my best works.

Thanks for reading :)