Chapter 10: "Soaked"

Your POV

Water guns. More fun to use than nerf guns, but more uncomfortable the more they get used on you.

Frankly, I would rather get hit by a foam bullet to the face than a constant stream of running water to the chest and pants area.

Maybe it's because I regularly wear skinny jeans that are pretty tight and if they get wet they get tighter and I get irritable.

Most of my experience with water guns goes as follows:

I don't use them.

But the entire Dolphin district of the resort is holding a full on tournament for water guns against the Seahorse Hotel District from the other side of the island.

What.

At first I'm like hell no, but the winning team gets tickets to a luxury cruise liner that coasts the entire island.

According to Zane, Dante already had won a ton of tickets prior and he would be willing to give me some so I could join them on the boat.

And I honestly was about to take it.

But someone called Pride came in, broke down my door and screamed no.

So I declined and entered myself in a stupid water gun tournament.

I don't even know how to use one!!

Zane bought me a nerf rocket splasher from the resort shop, filling it with water and taking me out to the field to train. I was forced to wear my swim suit, being I didn't want to get soaked in my regular clothing.

"Alright. Now shoot the water at my chest."

He pointed at himself. I pointed the gun and pulled the trigger-

Completely missing Zane and splashing myself in the face.

"The gun was turned around you dope."

He pointed out so helpfully, turning the machine around and standing in his exact spot from prior to my mishap.

"Now shoot."

I pulled the trigger and lightly watered the plants just in front of Zane. I could see steam flowing from his ears.

I tried my hardest to get him, finally nailing him in the shoulder.

"Your aim is terrible."
"Says the boy with one eye."
"Stop quoting yourself!"
"Stop making my life quotable!"

We both laughed a bit before going back to training. I managed to get Zane a couple of times, shooting water at his face and lower back.

It was cold water.

Oh boy was he livid when I splashed his neck.

"fUCK THIS ACTUALLY!"

He shouted, covering himself with a towel and glaring at me intensely.

"Why didn't you just except the tickets from Dante?"

Zane asked, I pondered for a bit before answering.