Chapter 2: "You Haven't Changed."

Your POV

The first thing I had to do on vacation?

Go shopping.

I had, in my panic, forgotten a few items that were necessary for my mental and physical health.

Most of these things included, shampoo, conditioner, soap, a camera, and my will to live.

But they don't sell happiness at a store.

They only sell literally everything else.

Then again, I could have just drowned myself in the parfait I bought for breakfast.

But that would have been a waste of $2.

And I ain't having none of that.

Good thing I made a bit of money from my job. Technically I could have even brought work with me. All I had to do was (job requirements) and then I would be set for a few months.

Maybe I'll just take all the pictures in the world with my phone camera.

~~~~~~~~~~

I made my way to the shop with nothing but my phone, sandals, bag and sunglasses.

I didn't need a swimsuit because the complimentary swim suit company payed me a visit.

Aka slammed down my door.

I chose a (color) (bikini or one piece) with a floral pattern. It didn't look too bad on me.

I was wearing it along with a skirt to cover my legs.

The store wasn't as packed as I thought it would be. A few customers browsed the magazine section before returning to the towel rack. The guy working at the register looked as if he wanted to kill himself and about thirty other people.

I smiled to myself for a moment, realizing that this wasn't everyone's paradise.

I picked out my items, stowed them in a basket and made my way to checkout.

The register guy asked if I wanted a coupon for free soda, to which I accepted, but tried to leave his presence as fast as I could.

I wasn't gonna be on "Love Love Paradise hotline" for dying anytime soon.

I was just about to walk out of the shop, when I heard someone yelling my name at the top of her lungs.

"Y/n!!"

It was Aphmau.

~~~~~~~~~

"Aph? What are you doing here?"
"Y/n, wait, what are you doing here?!"
"I asked you first!"

We laughed and hugged, smiling at each other. It had been four years since I've seen anyone.

"We got tickets from Aaron and Dante."
"Dante is on the trip? What trouble has he caused?"
"Nothing so far, but we're keeping an eye on him."

Aaron walked up behind Aphmau, smiling down at me and tugging her wrist.

"Aph, we have to go eat."
"Not now! I'm catching up with y/n!"

I sighed.

"I was just about to get lunch. Let's go together!"