Chapter 6: "Proud of You"

Your POV

After the whole fiasco, the party decided to settle down and watch the movie. No one asked what happened in my room and frankly, that's how I wanted to keep it.

After the second one finished it was already midnight. Kawaii Chan and Lucinda both had fallen asleep, so they were out of the competition.

"What do you win?"

Aph had asked me. I snickered in reply.

"I got a medal the other day. I won the trampoline contest. Whoever stays up the longest wins that medal"

Triumphant as I might have seemed, I was getting extremely tired. It was now 3 am, and the fourth movie had been playing for about half an hour.

Garroth, Aph, Aaron, Guy, and Dante went to bed.

This left me, Ivy, Zane, Katelyn and Travis.

4 am, Travis and Katelyn fell, along with Ivy.

Just Zane and I.

"I'll fall asleep so you can win."
"No, this has to be fair."
"Y/n, I'm tired."
"But don't you wanna win?"
"All I've won so far is regret!"
"Stop quoting yourself!"

We both were lying down on the floor of the living room, staring at the ceiling for what seemed like decades.

"Out of curiosity, what did Aphmau tell you earlier today?"
"W-what?!"

Zane stuttered, turning his head and flushing.

"Aph whispered something in your ear and, well, you had this smile. It honestly scared the living hell out of me"
"Oh so my smile is scary?"
"No. But the one you made was surprisingly happy for the sour mood you were in."

I shrugged and pulled his arm so he turned to face me. He was hiding his mouth with the usual grey mask he wore.

"Ugh.. I-er.."
"Zane.."

I asked, pulling down the mask and smiling at his blushing face.

"I think we're at the stage where we can tell each other anything, right?"
"Dammit y/n. You're going to be disappointed in me."
"I'll never be more disappointed in anyone but myself."

I laughed and poked his nose, my grin seemed to calm him. His shoulders slumped and he rolled over to face the ground.

"She said if I go I might be able to see you in a swim suit.."
"You pervert."
"B-but it's the truth!"

He whined, I giggled and punched him in the shoulder.

"I'm kidding. But it's nice to know you're still interested."

I winked, sitting up and turning off the movie. The series would almost be over after it.

"Wanna continue? Or fall asleep?"

I asked, grabbing a bit of popcorn before joining him on the ground once more.

He stifled a yawn, glancing over at me.

"It doesn't matter as long as we are together."
"Since when did you get romantic?"

I asked, eyeing him suspiciously, his cheeks grew redder and redder the more we talked.

"I-I mean, well, um-"
"And now you have so many friends."

I was happy he had made good choices while I was gone.

"I'm really happy for you."

Before I could congratulate him further, I passed out