Chapter 5: "Forgive me"

Your POV

"I dare you to make out with the person on your right."

Those words almost made me want to scream.

Of course she of all people would do this kind of stuff.

"C-can we do it in private?"

He asked, very pink and frantic in his actions.

I mean, he wasn't exactly alone. I was incredibly flustered and shaky.

"No, otherwise I won't know if you did it."
"You locked Aphmau and Aaron in a closet!"
"They're dating. Of course they would kiss in there. You guys aren't, so I wanna see"

She wasn't a touchable source. Her words were like permanent marker.

Unmoving and can't be erased.

I shook my head silently, thinking this had to be a dream. I was probably knocked out at the water park and these illusions just happened in my head.

"C-can't he just slap me or something?"

I asked, clearly a bit more red than he is.

"You guys used to kiss all the time till you moved, it shouldn't be an issue."
"It's a big issue!"

We both yelled, causing the room to go silent. We looked at each other and sighed.

"If they don't want to, then they don't have to."

Katelyn stood up for me again, smiling at us. I relaxed and fell to the floor in relief.

"Fine, but they're just chicken."

Lucinda said, knowing it would get a rise out of someone.

Zane sat up straight and pulled my arm, causing my head to hit his shoulder rather violently. He didn't seem fazed by the pain.

"I'm not a chicken Lucinda."

He said and turned his gaze to me.

"Forgive me for this."

He said and pressed his lips into mine. My eyes widened as he kissed me. His arms pulled me closer to him, wrapping around my waist.

I felt numb, it had been years since I've even seen him, and here he was making out with me like we were still dating. His face flushed and warm, his mouth soft and wet.

It wasn't any dream I've ever had before.

He traced my back with his hand, clearly getting into this a lot more than he was supposed to. His tongue prodded my bottom lip, asking for an entrance.

That's when I broke away, turning my head and breathing heavily. My face completely red and dazed.

He sat back and realized what he did, attempting to reach for me before I slapped him away.

I was hurt beyond belief.

Not just hurt, but surprised, astonished.

The word you use when you're both angry and surprised.

I raced to the stairs, climbing upward until I reached my room.

I locked the door.

~~~~~~~~~~

I could hear rustling downstairs as I left, covering myself in a blanket and holding a pillow close to me.

"ZANE!"

Katelyn had yelled, I heard a few screams and more yelling at Zane.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

A deep voice asked me

"C-can I come in?"

It was him.

I shook my head, expecting him to take the hint that I wanted to be alone right now.

In truth, I don't know why I was mad.

We never officially ended things. I had moved away before even mentioning that we were dating to my parents. He just expected that we had thrown us in the ocean when I left.

Why was I angry that he kissed me?

Was it the fact that despite all of this, he did it so passionately?

That he and I both supposedly don't have feelings for each other anymore?

No.

It was because I still loved him, I still cared about him. And the first thing he did when he saw me again was confront me for treason.

I plugged my headphones in and listened to music, hearing the knocking on my door get louder.

"Y/n, please. I have to explain myself."

He said, his voice breaking in the middle of the word explain.

I reluctantly opened the door, to see him leaning on the ground with tears in his eyes.

"Why are you crying?"

I asked him bluntly, allowing him inside the room.

"Katelyn nearly beat me half to death, but that's not the point. I shouldn't of done that to you."

He told me, sitting on the ottoman and burying his face in his hands. I sat on the floor across from him and pulled the blanket over my shoulders.

"I didn't know what I was doing. I lost myself. But more importantly, I used you."
"How did you use me?"
"I didn't want to act like a chicken in front of the entire group, but this whole situation just made me seem like a huge jerk."
"It wasn't really your fault."

I said, my own eyes watering, but I tried my best to stay composed.

"I mean, Lucinda is the one who asked you to do it."
"She already got her taste of her own medicine when Katelyn dared her to kiss Garroth."
"Isn't Garroth dating Laurance?"
"Exactly."

I mustered a chuckle, pulling the covers further onto my body.

"I'm so sorry."

He was breathing so heavily, his hair was a mess. It looked like he was kicked in the stomach or other places.

"I know you can't forgive me for what I've done, after all this time."

He swallowed and exhaled with regret, a tinge of pain in his voice and expression.

I threw the covers over him, pulling the ottoman near me.

"I-I forgive you."

I replied and pulled him close to me. His eye widened as his body pushed into mine.

"W-what?"
"You heard me."

The embrace was warm and snug, I ruffled his hair and entertained myself with his flushed expression.

"Y-you? What? I'm so confused."
"So am I, but then again, when am I not confused?"

I tried to make the best of the situation, despite my feelings building up inside my chest. His forehead fell against my neck and stayed there.

"Y/n... What did I do to deserve you?"

He asked, his voice distant and almost silent. His arms and legs crossed over my back and waist, tightly bound to me. I smiled down at him and shrugged.

"You stayed."

-----------------

Admin time!!

Don't you hate it when I turn cute situations into sad ones?

Such is my life man, such is my life.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!!

*realizes all I've written so far are Zane x readers*

WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE MAN.

Rule 1 of reading my writing: NEVER SHOW LUCARIOSKLAW OR APHMAU I MEAN IT I WOULD ACTUALLY DIE IF THEY SAW THIS.

Thanks for reading :)