Chapter 3: "Water Slides"

Your POV

I slowly woke to the sound of an alarm clock.

Funny, I don't remember setting one.

My eyes opened, gazing to the bedside table. I attempted to reach the alarm, feeling a restraint holding me back. When I finally turned off the loud noise, I turned my head to find who was in my bed.

It wasn't my bed.

It was Zane's

His arms wrapped around my frame, clutching my waist and stomach. His forehead pressed against my back, hot breath tingled against me. I became unbearably warm under his touch.

And the fact that he was barely clothed made this situation so much worse.

I couldn't move even if I wanted to. His entire body coiled around mine like a snake. I would just have to wait until he woke up to only scream at me in his bed.

Or not?

Aphmau had walked into the room, holding a bag and a couple of other items. I pretended to sleep so she wouldn't think anything of the situation.

"Hey! Zane! I was wondering if-"

Inaudible noises burst from the short girls mouth. She screamed in excitement. I heard her rummaging through her bag.

A camera sound echoed through the room and I shot up in bed.

"H-hey! Delete that!"

I shouted, being held back by Zane's grip. I squirmed, managing to thwack Zane in the shoulder. He woke up and shouted as well.

"What was that for?!"
"Be quiet! I'm trying to get Aphmau to delete a photo."
"What photo is worth waking me up at 9:00?!"

Zane was seething with rage. I didn't exactly care.

"But it's so cute!!"

Aphmau whined and showed the picture to us. Our cheeks both exchanged shades.

"I was-"

Zane didn't finish the sentence, falling back on the bed in anguish.

"Dammit."

He mumbled.

"So can I keep the picture?"
"NO!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zane and I made our way to the bottom of the stairs, dressed in our outside attire. I wore a t-shirt and shorts over my swimsuit.

Katelyn and Travis instantly bombarded me with questions.

"Want to go to the water park with us today?!"

Katelyn asked. I shrugged and smiled brightly at her.

"Sure! I love slides!"

I exclaimed and uncrossed my arms. There was cereal on the table, so I helped myself to a bowl before they further discussed our plans for the day.

"Firstly, we never got to finish our day at the water park, thanks to somebody.."

Everybody shot a death glare towards Zane, who awkwardly finished his cereal in silence. I was a tad confused.

"What happened?"

I asked, immediately being shut up by Travis. He covered my mouth with his hand. I rolled my eyes, licking the palm of his hand and laughing as he screeched.

"Don't do that!"
"Don't cover my mouth."

We argued for a minute before Katelyn got back to the details.