Chapter 7: "Beachy Keen"

Your POV

Zane finally agreed to go to the ocean with me.

It was incredibly tough dragging someone almost twice your height down the steps and into the pier. He wasn't making a fuss, but smirking at my attempts to push him into the ocean.

"Come on! Stop being stubborn!"
"Y/n, you're too cute when you do these things."
"Don't call me cute! I'm the dark lord and you will listen to me."
"Adorable."

I was reaching my boiling point.

"Be careful. Or your pants won't be the only thing you've lost this vacation."

I threatened with gritted teeth. He started to sweat and gulped, nodding slightly. Zane started to walk down the steps.

"Finally.."

He waited at the bottom, letting me be three steps ahead so I felt taller.

An idea sprung into my head.

"Zaaaneee!"
"Ugh.. What?"

He turned around, noticing that I seemed taller. I laughed at his surprised look.

"What are you snickering at? Let's get moving before I set on fire."
"You're not a vampire Zane."
"I'll become one if you don't hurry up."

He furrowed his brow and began to swivel himself in the other direction, before I gripped his shoulder and lightly kissed his lips.

"How does it feel being on the receiving end?"

I asked, skipping past him and holding in my giggles as he basically raced after me.

"Y/N!!"

~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived at the beach. The sun was shining, the waves were slow and calm, the sand was white and grainy.

Everything seemed perfect.

Except Mr. Complains-For-Ten-Years muttering under his breath about how hot it was. Or how tired he was.

"If you don't stop complaining I'll give you something to feel hot about."

I mumbled. He heard this and blushed deeply.

"W-what?!"
"Nothing!"

I tried to fix what I said but before anything else could go wrong I jumped into the ocean.

"W-wait Y/n! What did you say?!"
"Nothing! Forget I exist!"
"What?"

I attempted to drown myself in the ocean, but I didn't have the guts as I spotted a crab through my goggles, and rocketed out of the pool.

Looks like my hopes and dreams are blasting off again...

Coughing loudly and shaking from the cold temperature of the ocean, I sat on the towel and cloaked myself in it before noticing the two eyes boring into my skull.

"So you thought by drowning yourself, you could avoid me asking why you said that?"
"Yes?"
"What am I going to do with you."

He laughed to himself, pulling me close to him and pushing the wet strands of hair away from my face.

"You're a dork."
"Hey, you're one too."
"We're both dorks."
"Where have I heard that one before."

I asked, laughing and pushing his face away from mine before pressing my head against his chest.

"So do you want to go in the ocean?"
"Not after what I just saw. Dry land is the place for me."
"Me to.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~