Eleven.

Coming out of my bathroom, which was nowhere near as luxurious as the one he had upstairs, Beau had made himself comfortable on my bed and looked like he had passed out again. Sighing I quickly brushed my hair and tied it up; making sure the door between John’s room and my own was locked and went to lay beside him.

“Come here.” He mumbled, putting his arm out over my pillow. I didn’t bother arguing and pressed myself against his side. Instinctively my arm went over his chest as his curled around my shoulders keeping me close and a content sigh left him as he pulled the blankets up. “This is nice.”

I made some kind of grunt sound in response, he was so warm and this felt more intimate than anything we could ever possible do. He was right; it was nice.

“Beau, what happened tonight?” As good as this all was, I wasn’t about to let him get out of it that easily.

“My ex,” His arm went tighter around my shoulders the second I went to pull away. “It’s a mind fuck.”

“The girl from LA?”

Now he let go of me, rolling onto his side I was scared to move as his body stiffened. “How do you know about Julia?”

Julia. That’s more than what John gave me.

“I  don’t know much, I didn’t even know her name. Don’t get mad, but my brother knows her. Well he said he had a friend in LA and he knows what happened with you guys so he kind of warned me away from you.” Realizing I just set John up I instantly regretted blurting that part out. The longer it took for Beau to answer the worse I felt and my hand was trembling slightly as I took his worried he’d reject me.

And he did.

“He’s right. You’re lucky to have someone like him looking out for you. I’m sorry. You should stay away from me.” He rolled onto his back before getting up, swaying slightly as he moved to fast.

“You haven’t finished telling me what happened, sit down. Now,” This time I didn’t hesitate in grabbing his hand and pulled him back down to sit on the edge of the bed. “I’m here with you because I want to be. I don’t care what John thinks or even what you think.” I rested my head on his shoulder, as I hugged his back and thankfully he didn’t push me away again.

“I’m not a good person. I just ruin things and good people.”

“I don’t believe that at all.”

“Why not? I didn’t speak to you all week.” He had a point.

“What happened this week?” I let him go and pulled him back into the bed, finding my place at his side he was still tense and I knew I’d have to hear what he had to say, no matter what that may be. “It’s ok Beau. You can tell me.”

“Julia's fiancé was at the airport when we left Tuesday morning. I didn’t know he’d proposed, fucking asshole.” The venom in his voice made me wonder just how hung up on his ex he was. You only had to listen to the last couple of albums to know there was a lot of pain and hurt there.