Ch 31 Old notes, new oaths

Dang it! I got out of this to check on something in Wattpad and now I gotta type it again. I was so close to being done! Note to self: hit the dam save button.

"You know this is treason, right?"

Nico silently agreed. Chiron and Percy had shown up earlier, and Will and his accomplice had been arrested. Now, at the Big House, the Son Of Apollo was in the hot seat.

"I know." Will said. "I wanted to weaken Rome, so we could destroy them. There should only be the Greeks." "That's the same thing Octavian thought, just backwards. Say, aren't you two related?" Percy asked. Will glared defiantly into his eyes, saying nothing.

Percy shook his head in disgust. "Do you have a clue what you put Reyna and Nico through?" Will cast his eyes down, but still didn't say a word. Percy turned to Chiron. "What should we do with him?"

"Put him under oath."

They all looked at Nico in surprise, who continued. "Make him swear a oath to never commit treason, or do anything like this, again. We need him. Very few can match his healing skills."

Chiron seemed to consider it, but Percy seemed confused. "Nico, he kidnapped Reyna. He sent you on a wild chase. He put you through Tartarus. And you still want him around?"

Nico hesitated. He was still haunted by what had happened to him. More than once when he had tried to get some rest, he had woken up screaming. Then, pushing his feelings aside, he made up his mind. "The camp needs him, Percy. If it's for the good of Camp Half Blood, I'll be more than happy to keep him around. What has happened has happened, and I can't change the past. It's for the camp." Percy nodded, understanding in his eyes.

Nico turned and looked at Will, letting some of the pain and anger he felt over the last month slip into his voice. "But if you do anything like this again, I'll be more than happy to be the one who boots you out of this camp."

Will nodded in understanding. "Thank you, Nico. Camp Half Blood is my home, I have nowhere else." Nico gave the smallest of nods in return. He knew what it was like to have no home.

Nico started out the door, then remembered something. He walked back toward the desk where Will sat. He reached into his pocket and took out the note.

It was the same note Will had sneaked into his jacket when he went to Rome, to help the search for Reyna. He had brought it with him when he struck out on his own. A little something to remind him of home.

Now, all he wanted to do was tear it to shreds. But, reigning in his anger, he put it on the desk in front of the doctor. He locked eyes with him.

"I have found someone new." Nico said calmly. "You, my fellow demigod, have never been my type."

Nico turned and walked out the door, past Percy, who was fighting for a straight face.