Ch 25 Lost Memories

Yes! I can update on time finally! Enjoy!

Nico couldn't remember what happened next.

He remembered a lot of yelling. He remembered the drakon howling, it's eyes as fierce as a raging fire. He remembered dodging razor sharp fangs and claws, slashing with his sword.

But Nico could never recall defeating the drakon. He never recalled rushing forward, his sword in his hand. He never recalled his sword swirling with darkness, the power of a thousand shadows behind it. 

He didn't remember roaring a battle cry, the shadows swirling and lashing around him. He never remembered feeling invincible, like one of the gods themselves.

He didn't remember lunging, soaring high in the air as if he had sprouted angel wings. He never remembered holding his sword over his head, and impaling the beast in it's skull. He didn't recall the drakon letting out one last, terrible shriek, then collapsing at his feet.

But Nico did later recall seeing the drakon's dead body at his feet. He remembered the pure rush of adrenaline, slowly starting to fade off. Then, he remembered Reyna. 

Nico rushed up to her side. He striped off his beat up jacket, and pressed it to her bleeding back. "Don't die on me, Reyna." He said. "Don't you dare die on me."

Another cliffhanger! Sorry it's so short. I'll update next week.