CH 11 The Ring

I'm sorry that I did such a big cliffhanger ( not really, *innocent smile*). So, here's the chapter you've been waiting for (hopefully!)

Tartarus.

Nico could barely believe his eyes. The message said Tartarus. That couldn't mean.... are they going there? But how would  they know how to get there? He was one of three mortals - well, demigods, at least - who had made it out alive. He was the only one who had gone through it alone.

Gods, would he have to go back?

The very thought of going back to that pit sent horror rushing through him. Unlike Percy and Annabeth - the others who had gone through - he had seen Tartarus in it's true form, being a son of Hades. He had almost lost his sanity......

Nico straightened up. He stared at Reyna's note, her shaky handwriting. She had been scared when she wrote this. He can't abandon her. He knew what Tartarus was like. He had to keep going, he had to stay strong.

Nico pocketed the note, determination surging. That's when he saw something shiny. It was Reyna's ring.

Nico studied it, then took off the chain necklace he wore under his shirt. He slipped the ring next to the mythomagic figure from Bianca, the one he had kept for so long now. He slipped it back under his shirt, where it was safe and protected.

Nico stood up and started re-packing. He needed to leave, maybe he could catch them if he ran all night. The he realized: who said anything about running?

I know, I know, I know! It's short and might have been a disappointment to some of you, but hey I'm trying. More to come!! Until next week! Yo Yo, (its been so long since I have said that.)