CH 10 The Hotel

I hope I don't do any typos, but if I do, I'm sorry but my fingers are numb from running in the cold for so long ( Welcome to spring track:). It's my birthday tomorrow and I got blue cupcakes!! :) :) And on that happy note, enjoy!!

Nico asked around. Apparantly, the Sunbeam Hotel was way farther than he expected. Letting a sigh escape him, he hopped onto yet another bus, aiming for across town.

As the bus drove, Nico asked even more questions, trying to find out as much as possible. Nope, nada, niente. No one knew anything. If it wasn't for the clues that Reyna had left, he would have no idea what to do. 

  Nico stared out the window, feeling bored. He had given up on asking people on the bus. He felt tired and frustrated after chasing the guy who had Reyna's cloak. Nico had it in his bag, promising himself that he would return it. When he found Reyna, of course.

The bus stopped. Nico asked the driver how much longer until the hotel. "A mile, but I'm taking a rest stop." The driver said. "I'll run." Nico said. With that, he got off the bus, wondering why in the world he decided to run after chasing the guy. 

  Nico jogged half of the mile. At the halfway point, he realized that Reyna still might be at the hotel. He started running, determination surging through him. If Reyna was at the hotel, he had to get there.

Nico reached the doors, adrenaline going as fast as when he chased the guy. He rushed through the doors, hope surging through him. Was Reyna here? He rushed to the front desk.

"Yeah, a girl matching your description came in here... I think it was three days ago. She told me to give you the room she and some other guy had before. You're Nico di Angelo, right?" Nico nodded.

She gave him the room key, and Nico walked up the stairs. He unlocked the right room and went inside.

Instinctively, he looked everywhere for a code. He found one under the bed, concealed so cleverly that he almost missed it. He grabbed it and read it. It said: 20 1 18 20 1 18 21 19.

He used the code he had always used: A=1, B=2, C=3, D=4, so on. Nico translated it almost absent minded-ly,  even though he knew the importance. It gave a clue, if not the answer, to where she was being taken next, to where he needed to go. Nico looked down at what the code translated to.

No,no,NO!

Eyes wide, Nico translated the code three more times. The same horrifying message that sent pure terror running through his veins, roaring through his blood. His hand shook, and he actually stood from his chair, unable to take the message. It couldn't possibly mean that! Nico lifted the paper to his face.

The message said.....

CLIFFHANGER!!! Or, it could be. You can figure out what Reyna left! A=1, B=2, C=3, D=4, so on and so forth until Z=26. Reyna's message is  20 1 18 20 1 18 21 19. Write out the numbers=letters, then match the numbers to the letters. The last thing I ask of you is please, please, PLEASE  don't comment the answer if you get it! Let others find out for themselves. Don't worry, the answer will be revealed in the next chapter if you don't get it, or if I have explained it horribly.

Until next time! *maniacal laughter* MUAH HA HA HA.