CH3 The Search And The Note

Please ignore all spoilers from the commenters before ( I love you guys though) next chapter, enjoy!!

"We are going beyond the hills today. If you find anything, report it." Hazel said, eyeing the group. Nico felt a thrill of excitement, they are going to search for Reyna, or clues about her disappearance. He had been up most of the night, either trying to focus on the code, or pacing his room. Nothing had come up. But now, maybe they can find the very girl who left that note. Or at least something that would lead them to her.

They started just outside the camp. They spread out, calling Reyna's name, and scouring the ground. Nothing came up.

The group kept searching. Nico searched for a faint connection, like Reyna being in the area. Still nothing. By now, frustration had started to surge through Nico's veins. The group seemed just as desperate - and frustrated - as he felt. It felt good to know he wasn't alone.

They searched and searched with few breaks. Finally, dusk came. To Nico, it seemed like he had been searching for only five minutes. He caught up to Hazel on the way back to camp, trying not to to let his  disappointment show.

"Do we search at night?" he asked, trying not to trip on the uneven ground as he walked. "No, that's pretty pointless, you can't see. But I want you to come to the map meeting tonight. That's when the search party leaders meet up and discuss what happened. You have a connection with Reyna, that can be useful."

Hazel led him to the dining pavilion. Three others were pouring over maps. They contained red circles both in the camp and out of it, so the camp looked like a target on the map. The circles were divided into four sectors, which Nico guessed each search party tackled.

They talked for a little while, and Nico reported that he felt no connection to Reyna as he searched. The meeting ended, they went to bed.

Nico got to his sleeping quarters. He sat at his desk and yet again tried to figure out the code that Reyna had left. The numbers didn't stand for anything related to Roman legends. Nico felt confused, Reyna had written it for a reason, but why?

Nico suddenly felt something in his aviator jacket pocket. He took it out, a note. It was dated the night before the day he had left Camp Half Blood. It read:

Dear Nico,

I sneaked this into your jacket before you left. I need you to know this. I don't hate you, I consider you a friend. But I don't want to be more than that. Your a great person, you'll find love with someone else. I hope you do because I have found someone to love myself. I never meant for your secret to get out. I told it to my sister, so she must have told others. I am so sorry for all of the trouble I have caused you, I hope you can forgive me.

Your friend,

Will Solace.

Nico wanted to wad up the note and throw it away. Instead, he found himself putting it in a drawer. He got into bed an fell asleep.

Love triangle + mystery = happy fanpeople. I hope you like it so far! Sorry if i'm screwing with you feels here. In the next chapter it actually gets a little exciting!!