Ch 24 Rage

More car trouble! Agh! We paid $700 dollars for it to be fixed and it still broke down! Well, here's the next chapter. This is really short!

"Get back to the hole!" Nico turned and sprinted, clutching the rock in his hand. Reyna ran next to him, pumping her arms, her eyes wild in terror.

The drakon gave chase, going at an incredible speed. It's legs ate up the ground, sending a rumble through the rocky terrain. It's breaths were heavy pants from the exertion. To Nico, they sounded closer than ever. 

"Don't look back, it'll slow you down." Reyna panted. Nico nodded, but it was hard. When a huge drakon is chasing you, it's hard to keep your eyes forward. Nico resisted anyway. He was literally running for his life.

They got to the hole. Nico swiftly dropped the rock inside. "Come on, come on!" He muttered, watching as it boiled and frothed.

Finally, the concoction dissolved into the rock. Sitting at the bottom was a blood red gem, much like something Hazel would summon. "What the heck do we do now?" Reyna asked.

The drakon was getting closer. Nico frowned at the jewel. "Maybe if we - "

Reyna screamed. Nico spun around, and saw Reyna's body go rigid. The drakon roared in triumph as Reyna fell, claw marks racing down her back like crimson stripes.

Nico felt pure shock. Then, the shock turned to a rage he had never felt before. His vision blurred, and his body shook. He raised his sword, letting out a battle cry worthy of the gods, he charged the drakon.

Cliffhangers. I love 'em. Y'all hate me for all of them. Sorry! I'll update next week ASAP.