Part 21: This is not a Movie

It was the weekend and it was also the day of my party. I woke up and my dad had made me a birthday breakfast and my mom took me out to shop after. I had got a few things and after we went and got our nails and toes done. The whole time I was out I was thinking about Justin, a part of me wanted him to be here for today.

As the day went by my family and I were setting up everything for the party, it was already 3:00 o'clock and I needed to get ready before everyone started to arrive at 5 o'clock.

I showered and got ready, before I knew it my friends started to arrive. It was Avery first, then Jackie, Allison, and Lilly. They all told me happy birthday, and they were excited for tonight, probably because Jack was going to be here, and they wanted to see how that was going to play out.

We had music playing and we were dancing in the backyard, little by little more of my family started to arrive and some family friends of my parents.

"So what time is Jack coming?" Lilly asked.

"My mom sent out the invitations, so I'm sure he got it, but I didn't want to hound him and keep asking if he was going to come." I said.

Then it was like a cue had popped up.

"Well, I guess his answer is yes." Jackie said as she nodded towards the backdoor.

I turned around and there he was, the boy I had a crush on since I was a child, the boy who literally now looked like a man, 6'0 foot, dark green eyes, and a smile that could literally make any girl instantly fall head over heels.

He spotted me and walked over with a gift in his hand.

"Hey, lyss, Happy Birthday." Jack said with a smile as he stepped closer to me and picked me up and hugged me.

A literal swoon moment, he smelled so good.

"Thank you, Jack." I said as I hugged him back. "I didn't think you were going to make it." I said as he put me back down.

"How could I miss your birthday? Besides, don't I always come to your birthday every year?"

"No, you don't."

"What? What are you talking about? Yes, I do."

"Um no, last year you couldn't make it because you and your family went out of town."

"But I made it up to you, didn't I? When I came back, I took you out to your favorite restaurant." He said with a smirk.

"Okay I guess." I said as I slightly rolled my eyes playfully.

"Here this is for you." He said as he held out a box with purple wrapping paper.

"Thank you." I said as I took the box from his hand. "If you're thirsty there's soda in the ice chests and the cups are on the table, and I'm sure the food should be getting done right now."

"For sure, I'm gonna go get something to drink, do you want anything?" Jack asked.

"No I'm okay for now, thanks though." I said.

He nodded then walked away. I turned around and the girls were staring at me as I stepped closer to them since they had walked a couple of steps back.

"Oh my gosh Alyssa!!!" Allison said with a squeal.

"What?" I said as I laughed a little.

"You can tell that there is some type of chemistry between you two." Avery chimed in.

"This again." I said with a chuckled. "Look I'm going to let it be and if he wants to make a move he can, but like I said he doesn't like me like that."