Part 20: Moving On

I never got to call him, I had my answer but I didnt have the courage to call him to tell him. The only one I was able to call was Pattie, I told her I needed some time and that maybe when we're closer in age it can work, but that is a big probability. It's been 3 months since I've seen Justin, I haven't talked to him at all and I started school again. But he has called me almost every day and it pained me to not answer him every time. My short time of "fame" being with Justin didn't really cause anything when I started school but of course my friends new.

It's hard to say it, but I'm not over him, I had a genuine love for him, not because he was Justin Bieber the popstar, but because he was just a normal human being.

Aside from Justin, school was going good, passing all of my classes already even though we're already a 3 weeks in. I try to do as much as I can to keep myself occupied and not think about him, but of course even that's hard when his face is everywhere and his music is playing on the radio. I was thankful that it was the weekend and the one thing I could think about was my birthday. It was coming up soon and as much as I wanted a big party before it was going to be something small, just family and a few friends.

My friend Avery was going to come over to my house to plan the party with me, we have exactly a month and two days to plan. I got my planner and sat at the table and waited for Avery. I went on my phone and started looking up some birthday ideas for some centerpieces, then the doorbell rang. I answered the door and it was Avery.

"Hey!". Avery said.

"Hey, did you bring your planner?" I asked.

"Yes I did and if I forgot I wouldn't hear the end of it from you."

"Ha ha ha, funny." I said as I closed the door and we walked into the kitchen.

I turned on the TV and put a random channel on.

"Okay so I was thinking we do some vases with the twinkle lights and maybe some purple flowers?" Avery said.

"That would be really cute! I like that idea." I said.

"Okay so what other ideas do you have?" She asked me.

"We'll hold off on the ideas for just a second because I also want to work on the guest list." I told her.

"It's just going to be your family, me, and some of your other friends." She said looking at me confused.

"I was going to invite Jack..."

She opened her mouth in shock.

"Are you really?" She asked with a questioning look.

"Yes."

"Alyssa you've literally had the biggest crush on him since forever, do you know what'll happen when we go back to school and people find out, they will be jealous that they weren't invited and the most popular Junior and I'll say it again Junior was invited."

"I probably should care about the whole popularity aspect of it but I don't, I've known Jack since I was like 7 years old and I really want him to be there besides I already know that he wouldn't like me because I'm like a sister to him."

"You know I heard that Jack and Gemma broke up right?"

"Avery I don't want a rebound and I'm 100% sure that Jack wouldn't want me to be his rebound."

"Alyssa for crying out loud you dated..."

"Don't say his name."

"Look it has been 3 months since you broke up and I'll tell you right now that he moved on."

"Okay I don't need to hear anymore, do you know how hard it has been... you know what, I'm done talking about it so let's get back to planning the party." I said.

*****

Avery left my house after being there for almost four hours. We got a lot more done for the party and started ordering things that we were going to need for the party.

I was lying on the couch while my dad was making dinner. My mom had just got back home from taking one of my sisters somewhere, my mom walked into the living room and sat down on the couch next to me.

"So I got all of your texts you sent me and I ordered that backdrop and a few lights."

"Thanks mom." I said blandly.

"What's wrong?"

"I told Avery that I was inviting Jack and she said that Jack had broke up with his girlfriend and that basically Jack should be a rebound, but I don't want that. Is that what it seems like though? That I'm inviting Jack to my party so that I can get over Justin?". I asked looking at my mom.

"What it seems like to me is that you're inviting Jack over since you have known him for 8 years. Whatever you decide on and whatever happens at your party is completely up to you. When you know that you're ready to move on, you know."

"I hate this because I'm not over Justin... I miss him."

"It looks like you have your answer."

"But mom the other reason why I couldn't do it, it was because of our age, I mean any girl at any age would want him to be their boyfriend but since we were actually together, what would people say about the age gap? I know that there are laws about age... it just would have caused even more of a mess, especially for him."

"If you know that he is the one and the one you want to be with, then you can be friends for now and when you think you're ready to give it a try again then you talk to him about it and see how he feels about it."

Just then my mom's phone started ringing.

"I'll be right back." She said as she got up from the couch and walked out of the room.

I could hear her talking until she was out of range.

Did I make the mistake? Maybe I should have talked to my mom a lot sooner than just keeping everything to myself.