Part 10: Pray

~Justin's P.O.V~

Alyssa's family had been in and put of the room and then they were all out of the room. Marie had asked me if I wanted to go down to the cafeteria with them but I respectfully declined, I asked Marie if it was okay if I could go see her and she said yes. I asked the nurse what room she was in, I then started to walk down to the room and when I seen the room number I walked in... there she was; she was laying there with the IVs and wires hooked up to her.

I looked at the monitor and back at Alyssa, her chest was rising slowly up and down, I grabbed her hand and started singing "Pray" to her.

"I just can't sleep tonight knowing that things ain't right, it's in the papers, it's on the t.v, it's everywhere that I go, children are crying soldiers are dying some people don't have a home but I know there's sunshine behind that rain I know there's good times behind that pain, can you tell me how to make a change. I close my eyes and I can see a better day I close my eyes and pray".

~Alyssa's P.O.V~

I felt my heart beat slowing down and I heard someone singing to me and I knew who it was, it was Justin... he was singing to me; I'm surprised that he didn't leave. I started to notice that I was standing next to the bed and not laying in it, although my body was laying down in the bed.

I was starting to cry, not because I was afraid but because I didn't want to die. I had so many things that I wanted to do. Is this what happens when you're about to die? You have an out of body experience? I knelt down next to the bed and I started to pray, a bright light started to shine above me. All I could hear was a deep voice, only a voice... I couldn't see anyone.

"My dear child why are you crying?" The deep voice asked.

"I don't want to die, I want to live... I have so much that I want to do."

"My dear child I will take away your cancer and you can keep on living your life and fulfill it." The voice said and the bright light went away.

I was back in the bed but I heard the monitor stop beeping... my heart stopped.

~End of Alyssa's P.O.V~

~Justin's P.O.V~

I had looked up at the monitors and seen that she flatlined and that she now had no heartbeat. The doctor and nurses came rushing in and they asked me to leave the room but for some reason I didn't want to leave her side.

"J-J-Justin."

"Alyssa I'm here, I'm right here." I said to her as I stood by her side, she held up her hand and I gladly took it.

"I don't know how this could've happened but this is a miracle that you are alive we're going to do some tests and we'll let your family know." The doctor said as he walked out of the room.

"What are you even doing here?" She asked with a little concern.

"What do you mean?"

"How did you know that I was here at the hospital?" She asked.

Before I could say anything the door opened and her whole family had walked in, they all started giving her hugs and they were all crying.

"Oh Alyssa we thought we were going to lose you." Marie told her while hugging her tightly. Marie was starting to get a few tears in her eyes but quickly wiped them away.

"Well I'm not going anywhere now." She said with a smile on her face.

"Do you want us to bring you anything to eat?" Chris asked her.

"No I'm okay."

Then her mom looked at me.

"Justin what about you?" She asked me.

"No thank you." I said politely.

"Alright well I'm sure everyone is hungry, so we're going to get something and we'll come back quickly."

"Okay." Alyssa said.

Soon after everybody else left and went to go get something to eat while I stayed at the hospital with Alyssa. The nurses took her to go get her tests done and I went to go wait in the waiting room.

~5 HOURS LATER~

The doctor came back and had a shocked look on his face, he tried to speak but he was speechless like something just happened out of nowhere.

"Um well Alyssa it looks like your cancer has, how do I put this... it's gone."

"Are you sure?" Alyssa asked with surprise.

"Yes! we did multiple comparisons with your new results and there are no cancer cells insight." The doctor said with a smile.