Part 12: Family Night

~Justin's P.O.V~

For some reason it was hard for me to have the courage to ask Alyssa out. I know that we had been talking for a few months but within those few months and after being at the hospital with her I felt that we had gotten closer. The date I had with her was perfect, except towards the end of the night when her brother in laws came in the room and sat between us. I wanted to kiss her... I know that next time I'll get my chance.

~End of P.O.V~

I woke up around 9 and went downstairs, my parents were making breakfast and sure enough everybody was awake. When I walked into the kitchen my mom looked at me.

"So how did it go last night?" My mom asked me as I got a cup from the cabinet and poured myself some orange juice.

"It went really well until Michael and Joey had to ruin it." I said as I glared at them both.

"I just thought he was a little too close for comfort." Michael said as he took a bite out his food.

I shook my head and took a drink.

"So tonight is family night, so I suggest that no one makes any plans and Alyssa you can invite Justin over if you want to?"

I thought about it but I don't know if I want Michael and Joey to be around him.

"I'll think about it." I said as I sat down at the table.

I started to think... is it really official with me and Justin? I mean, the necklace he give me could have made things official. I'm going to ask him the next time I see him, but it won't be tonight.

I poured myself some juice and Karina was looking at me.

"What?" I asked her.

"So what happened last night? I want details."

"Nothing really happened so you don't need details, but your father and uncle ruined it at the end."

The whole family ate breakfast and an hour or two after everybody was done they all started scrambling up and racing upstairs and calling out who was taking a shower and who was going to be first to do their laundry.

I had washed my plate and started walking up to my room and when I entered my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID and it was an unknown number so I ignored it. I didn't know what I could possibly do for the next few hours until the "family night," I just decided to read one of my books and then I eventually fell back asleep.

****

Hours passed and I had finally woken up, it was dark outside, I looked at my phone and it was 7 PM, was I really that tired from last night? I heard noise coming from downstairs, I'm sure that they all started playing games without me. I got up and walked downstairs and sure enough there was everybody in the living room playing gestures.

"Good morning sunshine." Raeleen said as she was eating some popcorn from a bowl.

"Alyssa did you invite Justin over?" My mom asked me.

"No mom I didn't invite Justin over." I said to her as I walked out of the room and into the kitchen.

Am I going to have to invite him over every time we have some family thing going on? I got a glass and poured myself some lemonade. I heard everyone in the living room yelling and shouting out clues and answers to help them out. I checked the fridge to see what was made for dinner and there was steak, mashed potatoes, and macaroni and cheese, along with some salad. I got a plate and served myself and put it in the microwave to heat it up. After a minute or two it was done and I  sat down at the table and started eating; as I was eating my phone started to ring, I looked at thw ID and seen it was Justin so I answered.

"Hello?" I said with a smile.

"Hey Alyssa." Justin said on the other side.

"Hi." Was all I could say.

"I'm sorry I didn't get to talk or call you earlier I had some interviews and meetings today." He said.

"It's okay, don't worry about it." I said to him.

"What are you up to?"

"I just woke up a few minutes ago and now I'm eating dinner." I said as I took another bite and more yelling and screaming came from the living room.

"Whoa what's going on over there?" He said laughing a bit.

"It's family night, so everyone is playing games and probably gonna watch a movie." I said.

"That sounds fun, I don't remember the last time I did something like that with my family."

"The next time we do this, you should come over." I said with a smile.

"I would like that." He said. "Do you have any plans for tomorrow night?" Justin asked.

"I'm not sure, but I will let you know during the day." I told him.

"Okay because I want to take you out for dinner, maybe in a more private setting."

I smiled at the thought of having some alone time with him again and not being interrupted like last night.

"I would like that." I said as I took a bite out of the mac and cheese.

"Alright beautiful I'll let you go so you can eat and spend time with your family." He said.

"Okay I'll talk to you later." I said.

"Bye."

"Bye." I hung up and smiled to myself, I still can't believe it.