Part 13: Dinner Date

The next morning when I woke up, the house was kind of quiet, it wasn't the usual yelling and screaming coming from the kids and the usual yelling coming from my sisters who would be yelling at the kids. When I walked down into the kitchen my mom was sitting at the table looking on her laptop. 

"Good morning." My mom said as she looked up for a split second at me and then back at her laptop.

"Good morning mom." I said to her as I opened up the fridge door and got out some orange juice.

"So how come Justin didn't come over last night?" She asked me.

"Because he was busy yesterday and because I also didn't tell him about it." I said to my mother as I poured the juice into a glass and drank it.

"Do you want to invite him over for dinner tonight?"

"Um he actually was going to take me out tonight for dinner."

"Hmm okay... are you sure you don't want to invite him for dinner?"

"Yes mom I'm sure." I shook my head and walked out of the kitchen and went back to my room.

I wanted to text him but I didn't want to feel like I  was being annoying. As if it was right on cue my phone started to ring, I smiled a little and answered it.

"Hello." I said as I set down my cup.

"Good morning beautiful."

"Good morning Justin." I said to him.

"I thought I would give you a call before I head out and start my day."

"Awe that was nice of you to do, so my mom wanted me to invite you over for dinner but I told her that you were taking me out."

"If you want to have dinner with your family, we can." He said as I heard a car in the background beep.

"No it's okay because it can make up for the interruption that my brother in laws did." I said to him laughing a bit.

I heard him chuckle on the other side.

"Alright then it's a date, I'll call you a little later on when I'm free."

"Okay." I said to him smiling a little more.

"Talk to you later Alyssa."

"Bye Justin."

"Bye."

*****

It was around 4 when I had started to get ready, still no one was home and it was quiet for a Thursday evening. The only ones that were home were my mom, Karina, and my brother Phillip. As I was applying my mascara my phone started to ring so I answered it without looking.

"Hello?" I answered questioningly.

"Hi." It was Justin.

"Hey." I said back.

"So my day is finished and I'm gonna come and pick you up." He said as I heard some music playing in the background.

"Okay sounds good, I'll be ready when you get here." I said to him as I finished putting on my mascara.

"Alright... and you're sure that you don't want to have dinner at your house?" He asked.

"No." I instantly said as he chuckled at my quick response.

"Okay I'll be there in twenty minutes."