March, 22nd, 1970

Last night we got into Phoenix, Arizona. When we left the airport we went back to the hotel and slept. This time the whole band was in one room. The hotel we were staying at was called "The Biltmore" and apparently it was too expensive to get two rooms. I woke up at around 11:30 and went out onto the deck holding a cup of coffee. A few minutes later, John came to join me on the deck. "Good morning. How'd you sleep?" John said, still practically asleep. "Not well. Robert kicks really hard!" I said chuckling softly. "Maybe that was his revenge on you." John joked. We both laughed and I said "I sure hope so, 'cause I know I'll regret pranking him when he gets me back." I laughed but, then my mind started to drift and worry about what I was in for. John could see that I was nervous about Robert's retaliation. I think he was worried too. Jimmy came out on the deck with us and said "Morning! Hey, Aaron. How'd you sleep last night?" Jimmy said with a grin on his face. "Oh, I slept so well! Not! Robert kicked me nearly off the bed. I'm probably bruised." I replied as I rubbed my achey back. John and Jimmy laughed at my pain. "Laugh while you can, Robert'll get you both and you won't be laughing then." I said, sounding like I was telling a scary story. "Oh my! Oh Dear! Oh goodness!" John said in a little girl voice. We all laughed and I pointed out the pool. John gasped, "Oh... My... God..." Jimmy and I were concerned. "What's wrong?!" Jimmy asked anxiously. "See that long floatie thing in the pool?" John said. Jimmy and I glanced at it and nodded. "We will put Robert on that, then we will wake him up, and he will fall into the water. Mwahahahahaha!" John said in his best evil voice. Jimmy and I looked at each other and said "Should we?" We all nodded and proceeded to take Robert to the pool. Robert was in such a deep sleep, you might think he was dead if he wasn't snoring louder than a chainsaw. Once we got Robert onto the floatie we pushed him towards the middle of the pool. Then we woke him up. "What? Shut up, Michael. I'm trying to sleep." Robert groaned as he rolled over on his side and fell into the water. We all burst into laughter. Robert swam to the top of the water yelling "What the hell, man!?". We all laughed as Robert swam to the steps and got out of the pool. He stomped over to us with the maddest face I've ever seen on him. "You guys... are SO... dead!" he yelled running towards us. We all stood watching him coming at us. He pushed John and I into the pool at the same time. Jimmy ran but, Robert caught up to him and pushed him into the pool. We all swam around in the pool. Then Robert came over to me and said "You got what you deserved!" I nodded and said "Could you help me out of the pool?" I held my hand out. Robert agreed and I pulled him into the pool. Classic. We all got out of the pool at about one o'clock. Michael asked why we were swimming in our clothes. "We forgot to bring bathing suits." Jimmy said with a smile. I looked at Jimmy trying not to laugh and John did the same. Robert was in the shower rinsing the pool water out of his hair. He was very anal about his hair. We had lunch at the fancy cafe' in the lobby and hung out in the gardens with out guitars until 7:00. We went upstairs to get ready for the show and left at about 7:30. The whole ride over to Christown Spectrum Hall, where we were playing. We hung out in the dressing rooms until 8 o'clock when we went onstage. The show was great and everyone but me slept like babies that night. Then I finally kicked Robert out of bed, unfortunately he woke up and got back in bed.